POP3 adapter not picking up emails
11/19/2012 3:19:09 PM
User(s) can reproduce this bug
I have recently had a case where the POP3 adapter had issues connecting to the Exchange Server and later recovered as Exchange Server became available.
However, what I have observed is that the pop3 adapter had stopped picking up emails from the mailbox (even though the receive location was showing as enabled).
The below warning was observed that seemed to have kicked off the issue (I have removed server names and IP addresses):
The adapter "POP3" raised an error message. Details "The POP3 adapter could not establish a connection with the POP3 server. This could be due to the following reasons:
1) The POP3 server host and port information is incorrect.
2) The POP3 server is not running or is not reachable due to network issues.
Error: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 10.x.x.xx:110 ".
1) Setup a receive location to poll a mailbox.
2) Make exchange server unavailable intermittently.
3) Observe adapter behavior post exchange server issues.
to post a comment.
Please enter a comment.
to post a workaround.
Please enter a workaround.
© 2014 Microsoft