InfoPath 2010 controls visually degraded by Jim McNugget

as Fixed Help for as Fixed

Opened: 5/1/2013 4:38:41 AM

I'm running InfoPath 2010 on Windows 7. I recently installed IE10 and this appears to have forced a semi-Windows-8-type theme onto the InfoPath Filler forms. In principle I don't like this (apps like that should use the current OS theme), but more importantly some of the controls are now visually broken.

For Combo boxes (the ones you can type or select in; ordinary dropdowns are actually OK), the button to drop them down doesn't line up properly. With checkboxes, you can no longer tell the difference between enabled and disabled. Furthermore, the checkbox click behaviour is that of an enabled checkbox: it highlights when you hover and darkens when you click but then just does not actually place a check in the box. This is confusing to users when a form design heavily utilises the enabled/disabled appearance.

I built a basic HTML form to see if I could repeat this in IE itself, but it seems to be an InfoPath Filler specific problem triggered by the IE changes. Also the problem only seems to show with the Aero theme in Windows 7 - if I drop back to Classic, the controls are appropriately coloured.

I have attached a screenshot of a portion of an InfoPath 2010 Filler form showing this problem
Posted by Microsoft on 7/30/2013 at 12:00 PM
Thank you for your feedback.

This issue was resolved in Internet Explorer 11 developer preview for Windows 7. Please verify the change and file a new feedback (or reactivate the existing one) if the problem persists.

Best regards,

The Internet Explorer Team
Posted by Microsoft on 6/12/2013 at 8:26 AM
Thank you for your feedback. We will be investigating this issue further.

Best regards,

The Internet Explorer Team
Posted by Jim McNugget on 5/3/2013 at 2:02 PM
Reactivated because nobody showed me a screenshot of it appearling correctly. I have uploaded my own screenshot of the problem occurring now.
Posted by Jim McNugget on 5/2/2013 at 9:12 AM
Can you supply a screenshot of an InfoPath 2010 form in InfoPath Filler (on Windows 7) with an enabled checkbox, a disabled checkbox and a combo box, all looking visually correct?

Note that the problem is with InfoPath Filler forms, not web browser forms - sorry if I didn't make that clear.
Posted by Microsoft on 5/2/2013 at 8:49 AM
Thank you for your feedback.

We are currently unable to reproduce this issue as described.

We value your feedback. If you have additional information that can help us recreate this issue — such as a specific url, more detailed steps, test results from different machines, or additional conditions — please reactivate the bug or submit a new bug with more details on how to reproduce the issue. You can also read the guidelines at https://connect.microsoft.com/IE/content/content.aspx?ContentID=16254 regarding filing a good bug report.

Best regards,