IE 11 crash by TomSmith

as Fixed Help for as Fixed

Opened: 8/14/2013 6:02:12 PM

IE 11 crashes when sending email through GMAIL.
Posted by Microsoft on 11/14/2013 at 11:21 AM
Hi danWhite37,

My apologies for the error. It should be a duplicate of feedback #799371 instead. Here's the direct link to that feedback: https://connect.microsoft.com/IE/feedback/details/799371/gmail-crashes-ie11

Based on the version number mentioned, I think you might be running an IE11 version that doesn't have that specific fix. Perhaps checking Windows Update and installing the latest updates would help fix this issue.

Here's how you could do that:
1) Move to the right corners of your screen to active Charms
2) Click on "Settings"
3) Click on "Change PC Settings"
4) Click on "Update and recovery"
5) It should now automatically check for updates. If it doesn't then please click on "Check now"
6) Install all recommended updates

Hopefully by installing the latest updates, this issue would be fixed. If the issue still persists then we would need your help to collect crash data to better understand the situation.

Jay
Posted by danWhite37 on 11/13/2013 at 7:17 PM
How can this be closed as fixed? It has been almost 2 months since the last comment, and the crash is still happening for me. I go to Gmail at https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?shva=1 and click Compose. While typing an email, IE 11 crashes the tab. After acknowledging the prompt the tab reopens and might have some of what I typed previously. This repeated probably 8-10 times in a 5 minute period until I finally just closed the browser and gave up. This has happened on multiple occasions over the last few weeks since I upgraded from Windows 8 (with IE 10) to Windows 8.1 RTM (with IE 11). I never had the 8.1 preview or the IE 11 installed.

I am running IE version 11.0 9600.16384 on Windows 8.1 Pro.

Jay's previous comment about this issue being a duplicate is erroneous. The link given is broken (404) and I searched and found no reference to the feedback # given.
Posted by Microsoft on 9/17/2013 at 11:14 AM
This issue is a duplicate of feedback #63774. Please track all updates here: https://connect.microsoft.com/IE/feedback/details/799371/gmail-crashes-ie11

Jay Hong
Posted by Microsoft on 8/15/2013 at 12:16 PM
Please disregard the previous message.

Best regards,

The Internet Explorer Team
Posted by Microsoft on 8/15/2013 at 12:14 PM
Thank you for your feedback. This turns out to be the same issue as Connect Feedback 797452 . Please follow the progress of this bug there. Thank you.

Best regards,

The Internet Explorer Team
Posted by Microsoft on 8/15/2013 at 12:13 PM
Thank you for your feedback.

We are currently unable to reproduce this issue as described.

We value your feedback. If you have additional information that can help us recreate this issue — such as a specific url, more detailed steps, test results from different machines, or additional conditions — please reactivate the bug or submit a new bug with more details on how to reproduce the issue.

Best regards,