[IE11] "Clear browser cache" in Developer Tools does not clear the browser cache by Amtiskaw

Active

Opened: 9/11/2013 7:27:38 AM
Duplicates: 812025

After using the "Clear browser cache" button in the F12 Developer Tools, IE11 continues to send "If modified since" headers to the server and serves unmodified files from the cache.

In the case of XHR requests, it does not even bother to check with the server, it simply assumes they won't have been modified and serves them from the supposedly empty cache. This is not how caching is supposed to work. You need to check the server.
Posted by OzFlyGuy on 11/17/2013 at 4:38 PM
The new Developer Tools seem to have become an Apple Safari tools look alike and become rather "lego blockish" in the process.
Progress is a good thing, but to drop needed functionality along the way is unacceptable.
My development is now done on Safari and Firefox platforms until this issue is resolved.
Posted by cfconsultancy on 11/17/2013 at 5:30 AM
Same problem here. Please fix this. I cannot us IE 11 (windows 7) now for development
Posted by Corgalore on 10/22/2013 at 9:50 PM
Yes, please fix this. It was hard enough to clear the cache in IE10, but now it doesn't work at all. I've turned on the 'Always refresh from server' and disabled Website Caches in the Internet Options. I used to be able to open InPrivate browsing to clear it, but even that doesn't work.

I'm forced to go to Firefox to do my CSS development cause my sites cache all the time and the Dev tools in Firefox have the ability to disable the cache completely.
Posted by Phil Waight on 10/19/2013 at 7:51 PM
Is there a workaround for this issue?
Posted by Microsoft on 9/13/2013 at 7:37 AM
Thanks for the feedback.

We will incorporate this into the planning for the next round of dev tools investment.

The Network Inspection tab is one of those areas that is being targeted for additional improvement.

Best regards,

The Internet Explorer Team
Posted by Microsoft on 9/11/2013 at 2:09 PM
Thank you for your feedback. We will be investigating this issue further.

Best regards,

The Internet Explorer Team
Posted by David Catuhe on 12/3/2013 at 11:10 PM
Hello,
you could try this workround:
Go to Internet Options. In the General tab
Select the settings button
Define the “Check for newer version of stored pages” to “Every time I visit the webpage”