Windows 8.1 IE 11 & Webex by Brian_06

Active

Opened: 10/21/2013 9:02:52 AM
Duplicates: 806928 808594

I upgraded to Windows 8.1 which included IE 11 and now I am not able to playback Scottrade or TDA WebEx sessions. Their Scottrade tech support indicates that they do not support 8.1 or IE 11. I have tried adjusting IE 11 browser settings but WebEx still dies once the play button is pressed. I have another Windows 8 system which I didn't upgrade to 8.1, and WebEx continues to run fine on that machine. I have tried the other popular browsers, but WebEx still will not successfully run once the play button is pressed.
Posted by vick_troy on 3/11/2014 at 6:11 AM
Has a fix been found yet?
I just bought a new Dell inspiron with Windows 8.1 and IE11 and now I can't access my webex meeting for a college class. I tried downloading both Google Chrome & Firefox and neither of them seem to work either. I get stuck on the setting up meeting screen. If I leave it alone for approx. 20+ minutes it will eventually get the meeting room open where it says that I'm connected and allows me to chat back and forth with the administrator but I have no audio or video.
Please help. I'm about to send this thing back and buy a Mac.
Posted by Woogie on 12/6/2013 at 1:22 PM
All, like many others, I was unable to get this to work initially. The install of the client appeared to go fine, but the meeting would never fire up.

I have, however figured out how to get this to work. If you go to the webex support page, select the "join a test meeting". This will prompt you to install the meeting manager - which I believe is the missing part. Note that I did both the install and the "temporary" option (I forget the exact wording). I believe that the install is the one that worked, as I now have the meeting manager in my list of programs - and I didn't before.

After doing this, webex is working fine for me on Windows 8.1 and IE11.

Hope this is helpful.
Posted by Microsoft on 12/5/2013 at 10:11 AM
Thank you for the feedback.

We continue to investigate this issue with Cisco \ Webex. It appears the issue is caused by User Agent String detection being performed by the server.
As a possible work around you could test adding the website to the ‘Compatibility View Settings’ which will change the User Agent String sent from the client.

Best regard,
The Internet Explorer Team.
Posted by Wills120 on 12/5/2013 at 8:04 AM
OK Microsoft....you noted the issue on 10/31 and it's now 12/5. We need answers and fixes.

I have over 150 Windows 7 Pro machines with IE11 that need various access to use and launch WebEx. My workaround has been through Group Policy but the auto-updates still cause issues. This is not acceptable, if you're going to upgrade browsers like this you need to verify business-specific programs will still work. Because we use Microsoft Dynamics CRM we MUST use IE....installing other browsers is not an option for all these workstations. There were NO problems when upgrading from IE 8, 9, and 10 so WHAT DID YOU CHANGE?
Posted by AndyGadget on 11/27/2013 at 4:00 AM
This is now becoming a killer issue for us as IE11 is now on the automatically update my browser process.
None of our WebEx accounts now work in IE, which is the default browser on most of our office machines.
Having to get everybody in the company to change their default browser to FF or Chrome, which is the only way to get WebEx links to open automatically, is a nightmare.

I have tried every work around I can find - and no joy.
Posted by Sascha Bieler on 11/22/2013 at 9:40 AM
Same issue here, also windows 8.1 and IE11.
Posted by UltimaAnnihil8r on 11/14/2013 at 1:59 PM
I just tried using our WebEx support session for troubleshooting with remote users and it doesn't work after I upgraded to IE11 on Windows 7 64-bit. Still works fine with Google Chrome and worked great on IE10. Please advised when this issue is fixed or if there is a workaround solution.
Posted by Jorge Salinas on 11/13/2013 at 9:04 PM
Same issue here... windows 8.1 and IE11.

I really need to use webex because of my work, enterprise rules don't let us install any other browsers, please help.

Posted by Abhijitp1 on 11/13/2013 at 2:52 PM
+1, I end up using Firefox to join customer meetings on WebEx, this is pain to manage two browsers on machine :(. Please resolve this issue, I have seen many people struggling with this problem.
Posted by AlexPav on 11/13/2013 at 2:45 PM
+1. Need to resolve this problem I have to keep firefox on my machine in order to use webex :(
Posted by PEdlund on 11/11/2013 at 7:55 AM
Same problem was reported today. Customer wanted to use WebEx and IE11 wouldn't work. The entire group had to load Chrome. This is truly not acceptable.
Posted by JornJ on 11/11/2013 at 2:19 AM
Same issue on Win 7 x64 / IE11 x32.
Posted by albasr on 11/7/2013 at 12:40 AM
Please, try to find a quick solution, it is becoming an issue for the ones we need WebEx for work and/or studies!
Posted by Kevin Eddy, INC Research on 11/4/2013 at 7:42 AM
this is a major functionality problem, help!
Posted by Microsoft on 10/31/2013 at 10:55 AM
Thank you for your feedback. We will be investigating this issue further.

Best regards,

The Internet Explorer Team
Posted by Scott Frost on 10/28/2013 at 6:04 AM
I can confirm this issue also occurs on IE 11/Windows 7. Compatibility mode doesn't fix it. Unfortunately, the only workaround right now is to tell the user to use Firefox / Chrome / etc, or to use join.me instead of WebEx.
Posted by ShadowSHarmon on 10/25/2013 at 12:19 PM
This is becoming an issue with multiple customers!
Posted by dwadie on 12/6/2013 at 8:07 AM
Hi All,

There is an option you can do. Please follow the below:

1- Go to Compatibility View settings from the option menu.
2- Type webex.com and click Add

That's all you should be able to run webex with no problems.

Please let me know if this has helped.

Duraid Wadie