Internet Explorer annoying error messages in the bottom by danielgmz

Active

Opened: 4/27/2014 10:21:30 PM

Dear Microsoft:

Please let us get rid of all those annoying error messages that appear in the bottom

of the IE window.

Nobody actually cares what they say, at least give us an option to disable all them.

Thanks.

I'll try to attach a screenshot, it's about safe content and it's totally useless, I tried to

enable mixed content but unfortunately this error message is stuck on my PC.

I don't want to try to reinstall anything or reset config, I just want less annoying

error messages for Internet Explorer.

If there is a tiny error I don't want to be notified over and over again.

I'm using Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 7.
Posted by Microsoft on 5/14/2014 at 7:08 AM
We will be investigating this issue further.

Best Regards,
The Internet Explorer Team
Posted by danielgmz on 5/4/2014 at 12:08 PM
I'm uploading another screenshot, this one is about an add-on that failed to run.

Once again this warning can't be disabled, and it pops often just to annoy the user

because there is nothing you can do about it.
Posted by vcemasko on 4/30/2014 at 4:09 PM
Dear Internet Explorer Team,

I can reproduce it with Internet Explorer x64 11.0.9600.17031 11.0.7 (KB2919355) on https://www.microsoft.com/security/portal/submission/submit.aspx anytime.

Screenshot uploaded here.

Live long and prosper!
Posted by danielgmz on 4/30/2014 at 1:25 PM
"Display a Notification about every script error" was already unchecked.

I can't get rid of this error message, even with mixed content set as enabled:

“Only secure content is displayed”

I think this error message is triggered when the page has some "ads".

Internet Explorer 11.0.9600.16428 RTM (KB2841134)

I will try to upload a recording.
Posted by Microsoft on 4/30/2014 at 12:14 PM
Hello,
Thank you for your feedback!

There is a setting that you can uncheck that should reduce the quantity of messages that
you are actually seeing on these sites that you mentioned. If you open IE11 and goto >Tools>Options>Advanced Tab>Scroll down to section "Browsing"> Uncheck the setting for "Display a Notification about every script error"> Hit OK button and close all IE windows that are open.

Once you do the above steps, you should be able to reopen IE11 and browse sites without being enundated with those notifications.

If you are still seeing too many error messages, please add a comment to this bug report and provide the following:
1)    IE version and build number listed in the Help|About dialogue
2)    Problem state recorder of the issue this will help us visualize the issue you are experiencing. Problem state recorder is a tool included with both Windows 7 and Windows 8
a.    Please open PSR.exe from C:\Windows\System32\psr.exe
b.    Please reproduce the issue you are experiencing
c.    Stop the PSR.exe and save the file
d.    Attach the PSR.exe output to connect.

The PSR.exe tool will take screen shots and mouse clicks so we can attempt to reproduce the issue here. NOTE: Please do not visit any sites that contain personal or sensitive data such as passwords or financial data while collecting the PSR.exe data.

Best Regards,