Windows PowerShell Home
$psISE.CurrentPowershellTab.ConsolePane.InputText not returning command line text
2/27/2013 3:30:31 AM
User(s) can reproduce this bug
Windows 7 SP1, Powershell ISE V3 and Powershell ISE V4.
I am unable to get a value entered in the command line when I use $psISE.CurrentPowershellTab.ConnsolePane.InputText in a function run from the Add-Ons Menu.
The equivalent was working perfectly in V2 when the console pane and command pane were separate and I had to use $psISE.CurrentPowershellTab.CommandPane.Text to extract the value.
How often does this happen?
Have you seen this problem before in this product?
Yes, this happens in previous released versions
1. Open Powershell V3 ISE and in a blank script pane enter:
2. Type any characters in the command line but do not press <Enter>.
3. Click the Green Arrow to run the script.
4. Note that in this case nothing appears in the console output pane, ie the 'Get' option fails.
5. Enter $psISE.CurrentPowershellTab.ConsolePane.InputText = "ABCDEF"
6. Click the Green Arrow to run the script.
7. ABCDEF does appear in the console window (command line), so the 'Set' option works.
The text entered in the command line should be repeated in the console pane.
to post a comment.
Please enter a comment.
to post a workaround.
Please enter a workaround.
© 2014 Microsoft