SQL Server Home
SQL 2008 64-bit on Windows Server 2008 64-bit
as By Design
10/27/2007 7:36:26 PM
Primary Feedback Item:
User(s) can reproduce this bug
Installing SQL Server 2008 64-bit July CTP on Windows Server 2008 RC0 Enterprise Edition 64-bit. fails to install the workstation components. I receive the error message that one or more components failed to install as part of the installation.
SQL Server 2008 July CTP
Tools (SSMS, Agent, Profiler, etc.)
Operating System Language
Steps to Reproduce
1. Install Windows Server 2008 Windows Server 2008 RC0 Enterprise Edition 64-bit.
2. Install SQL 2008 64-bit July CTP Developer Edition
3. Check all of the checkboxes including the ones to install Workstation components
4. Point the installation to a drive other than the C:\ drive such as the D: or E:\ drive
5. Proceed with the installation
6. Notice the error message at the end indicating the failure to install the Workstation components
Unable to install Workstation components for SQL 2008 on Windows Server 2008 RC0 Enterprise Edition 64-bit.
Successfully install all SQL 2008 components on Windows Server 2008 RC0 Enterprise Edition 64-bit.
to post a comment.
Please enter a comment.
on 10/31/2007 at 8:57 AM
This is a duplicate of another Connect entry. You can track this @ http://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=307078.
on 10/30/2007 at 11:10 AM
Yes, this happen when the Workstation components are checked for install, in the part of removing backup files.
to post a workaround.
Please enter a workaround.
© 2014 Microsoft