SSIS package ".dtsx" finished: Canceled. by Dan Jones MSFT

as External Help for as External

Opened: 8/25/2008 8:29:18 AM

This bug was originally reported on the VS side: http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=362975

The SSIS package was working when first designing. It has a query that goes to DB2 using IBM DB2 ODBC drivers, grabs the data and dumps it into SQL server. The package starts then a command backs flashes on the screen and the following message is displayed.
SSIS package " .dtsx" finished: Canceled.
I found some dump files in the ErrorDumps.
Posted by Microsoft on 3/13/2012 at 1:28 AM
Thanks for your suggestion. In SQL 2012 we provided reports, data taps and better messages to handle such errors. For SQL Server 2005, this article provides information to generate the dump: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941151
Posted by ColinG5 on 5/17/2011 at 6:37 AM
This is the first I heard of the Crash Dump file. It would be nice if that would be specified in the output rather than.

SSIS package "Package.dtsx" finished: Canceled.
Posted by Jason H (HDInsight) on 8/30/2010 at 12:41 PM
Error dumps are generated due to many different causes (Stack Overflow, Access Violation, Heap Corruption, etc). We cannot lump them together as one connect item because they are likely unrelated.

If you have ErrorDumps, and a repetitive problem where SSIS fails, your best bet is to try a different database connectivity driver (SSIS supports OLEDB providers better than it supports ODBC drivers in my opinion) or call Customer Support to open a ticket to research the "Crash" of SSIS. Link - http://support.microsoft.com/select/default.aspx?target=assistance

Send in the *.mdmp files and any *.tmp files (available 2008 only) from the errordumps folders:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Shared\ErrorDumps
or C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Shared\ErrorDumps

We will open the dump file in WinDbg.exe, point to a symbol server, and look at the fatal exception on the stack to better interpret what went wrong.
Posted by Suresh Rajan on 12/17/2009 at 2:41 AM
We are also getting the Same error while taking the backups thru maintenance plans for some jobs. Do we get any solution or workaround there ?
Posted by MiniV1 on 7/15/2009 at 1:32 PM
Microsoft has not provided any feeback on this issue so far. Very unsatisfied. I have this problem for several months now in SQL Server 2005 Development license. I keep executing again and again and it works once in a blue moon. How do I explain the issue to others? Weird!
Posted by LadislavK on 3/11/2009 at 2:14 AM
Hi, I have the same problem too. Is there any tool to find mistake in VS2005 or Management studio? Thanks for response.
Posted by challum on 3/5/2009 at 4:26 PM
I am having this same problem. My SQL Server 2005 is Standard Edition at SP2. This was reported months ago. Is there any resolution yet?
Posted by mcdawson on 12/18/2008 at 12:59 PM
I'm also getting this problem, when I run the package from within VS.

However, if I run DTEXEC from the command line I get:

Process is terminated due to StackOverflowException.

It is a very simple package that consists of ADO.Net DataReader (teradata) and a OLE DB destination. If I manually recreate the package it works, but once the package fails it continues to fail.
Posted by Microsoft on 8/28/2008 at 1:34 PM
Thanks for your feedback, we appreciate it.

We'll be investigating the crash dumps and updating you in a few weeks.

Thanks,