Excel Export create freeze pane on Tablix Header Row not page header Row by SSRS_DEV

Active

Type: Suggestion
Opened: 5/24/2010 11:08:31 AM

All,

I have searched all over the boards today for this and I still cannot find the answer. I have a report that has page header information (Report name, date run, date range, etc) and in the body of the report I have a simple 6 column tablix table that shows some detail.

When I export the report to Excel in SSRS 2008, the bottom of the page header starts the freeze pane and I lose my freeze pane on the tablix, what could be causing this?

I have all the correct settings on the tablix Static header row, but no matter what I do, the freeze always starts after the last element in the page header...

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks

Art
Posted by Darefoot on 2/7/2014 at 10:08 AM
I agree that the proposed workaround only works if you have one tablix in the report. Many of my org's reports have multiple tablixes and because the header is shared, it is not feasible to add the column headers to the page header.
Ideally, there would a configurable option via the properties to set where the freeze pane occurs for each page. Many of my reports with multiple tablixes are set up to have page breaks so that each is on a separate tab in Excel. I would want the ability to freeze pane under the column header for each tablix.
Posted by Shivshanker Cheral on 5/17/2012 at 5:37 AM
When we export with Rows, column(s) also need to be freeze. i.e. When we scroll towards right side first column(s) remain fixed, which will help users.
Posted by michlimes on 3/27/2012 at 5:47 AM
Does MSFT answer for this problem in SQL 2012 or SQL 2008R2?

I have same problem with one of my reports. Unfortunately, this report contains many tables and if I would use attached workaround, I would paste column headers of each table into report header...
Posted by Rikz on 12/19/2011 at 10:19 PM
I have the same issue. Any solution ????
Posted by Manvendra1234 on 10/19/2011 at 4:42 AM
I have tried RepatOnNewPage but it did worked for PDF report and print viewer only (when printing a report), problems are still with excel and word format, here workaround is also not working when we have the merged reports, does anyone have any fix/solution about this problem?????????????????
Thanks in advace for the solution provider!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by Microsoft on 10/15/2011 at 11:17 PM
Thank you for providing this feedback. This behavior has not be changed but we will consider adding this capability in a future release.
Posted by Antoine F on 6/3/2011 at 9:53 AM
I agree, freezing the column header is a must for report output to excel.
Posted by SSRS_DEV on 11/18/2010 at 12:16 PM
Any news on this?
Posted by SSRS_DEV on 12/1/2010 at 12:50 PM
OK, there is one work around. You can copy/paste the tablix header row textboxes into the page header. Then when you export the report, the "so called" tablix header will show in the freeze pane as expected, but that should not be.

The page header and tablix header upon export should be in the same freeze pane as it is with PDF...