SQL Server Home
Report Builder 3.0 - Repeat header columns on each page does not work
7/22/2010 10:44:34 PM
User(s) can reproduce this bug
I have a table which has column headings, and although I have set the "Repeat header columns on each page" option in Tablix Properties, the column headings only appear on the first page.
If I try to solve the problem by taking the following approach which was recommended to me,
1) Select the Property checkbox on the view menu in Report Builder 3.0.
2) In the grouping pane, make sure to turn on advanced mode (click on the small black down arrow on the far right of the grouping pane)
3) Select the corresponding static item in the row group hierarchy (this is for the header row, which I want to repeat on each page)
4) In the properties panel, set RepeatOnNewPage to true.
Report Builder 3.0 issues the following error message:
"The tablix 'Tablix1' has an invalid TablixMember. All TablixMember elements in a TablixColumnHierarchy must have the RepeatOnNewPage property set to false."
If you wish to communicate with many other people who cannot get Report Builder 3.0 to repeat column headers on new pages, please visit the following URL:
SQL Server 2008 R2 - Enterprise Edition
Windows Server 2008 R2
Operating System Language
Steps to Reproduce
Write a simple Report Builder 3.0 report which conatins a table with column headings.
The column headings only appesar on the first page.
That the column headings would appear st the top of every page if I selected the appropriate options in Report Builder 3.0
to post a comment.
Please enter a comment.
on 4/10/2014 at 5:41 AM
1. First of all select your Group row and Insert Row Inside Group above for Header row, Add headers
2. Check Advanced Mode for Grouping panel is ON.
3. You will find Static Rows in Row Group section.
4. Select first child static of your group, here you will find header row first column is selected.
5. Now set the Repeat On New Page property = True from property Panel
And you are done.
on 10/15/2011 at 11:31 PM
Thanks for providing this feedback. There are certainly some difficulties in using this feature currently which have been reported by you and other customers. We will be looking to make repeat headers easier to use in a future release.
on 7/30/2010 at 12:50 AM
As the URL that I provided above (http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqlreportingservices/thread/ee29da49-5c8c-47f3-a905-c730dcbe9780) contains the comments of many dissatisfied users of Report Builder 3.0 on header problems, I thought that someone on the Microsoft product team might like to comment or provide a workaround.
Is there a Microsoft product team member who wishes to comment or provide a workaround?
to post a workaround.
Please enter a workaround.
on 2/10/2011 at 6:23 AM
I got my report to work following the details outlined in Robert Bruckners blog:
As a newbie to Report Builder I'm still a bit perplexed as to why unselecting "Repeat header columns on each page" and following the instructions works but it does. There's nothing like user friendly software, and this is nothing like user friendly software... ;-)
on 1/21/2011 at 11:40 AM
It doesn't work for all reports, but you can put the column headings in the page header area as text boxes and then change the visability for the header row in the table to hidden. At least this way, the column headings will print on every page.
© 2014 Microsoft