Home Dashboard Directory Help
Search

RPLObjectModel.dll and RsClient.DLL are not upgraded when SP1 is applied to SQL2K8R2 by Stephen Strong - VTSP SQL


Status: 

Closed
 as Not Reproducible Help for as Not Reproducible


3
0
Sign in
to vote
Type: Bug
ID: 691228
Opened: 9/27/2011 7:35:49 PM
Access Restriction: Public
0
Workaround(s)
view
4
User(s) can reproduce this bug

Description

RPLObjectModel.dll and RsClient.DLL are not upgraded when SP1 is applied to RTM or a CU.
Details
Sign in to post a comment.
Posted by TatyanaS on 2/8/2012 at 8:25 AM
SQL 2008 R2 x64 SP1 installed.

The following error while installing Report Builder from URL in RS:

- File, Microsoft.ReportingServices.RsClient.dll, has a different computed hash than specified in manifest.
Posted by Stephen Strong - VTSP SQL on 10/10/2011 at 5:47 PM
Thanks for investigating our issue with RB and applying SQL2K8R2 SP1. The issue appears to be on 4 of the servers that some of the files have all been upgraded to the same version. I release that sometimes files don't change between versions but I seem to have inconsistent results between the servers.

For example on my standalone laptop (W7SP1 x64 - totally different build to servers), RB does launch after the SP1 upgrade from an earlier CU (not RTM) however here are the files after SP1:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS10_50.SQL1\Reporting Services\ReportServer\bin

Microsoft.ReportingServices.RPLObjectModel.dll 03 Apr 2011 10.50.1600.1
Microsoft.ReportingServices.RPLRendering.dll 03 Apr 2011 10.50.1600.1
Microsoft.ReportingServices.RsClient.dll 03 Apr 2011 10.50.1600.1

RB launches ok after SP1 but I suspect it is using the RTM version.

On the servers (W2K8R2 SP1) after SP1 applied

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS10_50.SQL01\Reporting Services\ReportServer\bin

Microsoft.ReportingServices.RPLObjectModel.dll 02 June 2011 10.50.1797.0
Microsoft.ReportingServices.RPLRendering.dll 03 Apr 2011 10.50.1600.1
Microsoft.ReportingServices.RsClient.dll 02 June 2011 10.50.1797.0


RB doesn't launch on these servers.

I'm not sure which files are required to launch RB but I suspect as some of the files have not been upgraded with SP1 that's why we're getting the hash error (but I have been known to be wrong before...).

I had thought of just reapplying SP1 but the installer won't permit that.

BTW - Reports run fine in SharePoint 2010, just RB won't work with ClickOnce.
Posted by Microsoft on 10/4/2011 at 3:03 PM
Hi Stephen,

We tried to reproduce this issue internally, but could not. We installed a named instance of SQL 2008 R2 RTM (native mode), configured RS, then installed SP1. Report Builder launched successfully.

Please reactivate with any additional information you can provide that might help us to reproduce the problem.

Thanks,
Bob Meyers
SQL Server Reporting Services
Posted by Microsoft on 10/4/2011 at 1:44 PM
Thanks for your feedback on this. We are investigating.
Sign in to post a workaround.