SQL Server Home
DataHub publish - steps 2. Details & 3. Status/Review say saving, but don't save
10/12/2012 4:09:18 PM
User(s) can reproduce this bug
When trying to publish a on-prem sql db publish steps 2. Details & 3. Status/Review when clicked say 'saving' but the steps don't stay and don't advance.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Navigate to - http://dataportal.clouddatahub.net/
2. Use the following information to create a Connection.
To connect to this db, use the following information:
Name - EDSFeedstore
Server – tbd
Database – tbd
UserName - Test1
Password - Microsoft123
We unchecked the ‘Encrypt’ checkbox.
3. Click Publish and choose the EDSFeedstore connection.
4. Leave all of the tables selected and click 2. Details.
5. The screen grays a bit and a 'saving' message comes up. Saving does not seem to happen since the screen does not advance to the next step.
6. I also clicked step 3. Status/Review and the 'saving' message also came up but the screen did not advance.
7. I closed IE, reopened DataHub, clicked the draft offering to edit it.
8. This time step 2. saved, but step 3 gave an error that 'Required information is missing' also 'Each offering must have at least 1 table or view selected'. I have all the tables selected.
This source never did publish after 30 minutes of trying. The attachment has the exact errors and screen shots.
to post a comment.
Please enter a comment.
to post a workaround.
Please enter a workaround.
Data publish in DataHub 2.docx
© 2014 Microsoft