How to export PowerView data into Excel by Isabel Marcelino

Active

Type: Suggestion
Opened: 1/23/2013 7:45:56 AM

Apparently, there is no easy way to export data from PowerView to Excel. Even in Excel 2013, the behavior that I would need was to have slicers shared between PowerPivot and PowerView; applying one slicer, the same would be reflected between PowerPivot and PowerView.
PowerView users will be able to view, analyse and filter the report. If they need more detailed information or data lists, they will be able to export that data to Excel. For instance, if we are making an analyse about products sold by year and countries in PowerView, I would like to be able to export that info to Excel and manipulate (add calculations, etc.) or print the data.
Posted by RACAND on 7/24/2014 at 9:41 PM
I am having the same issues. It is a huge issue not being able to export a list report into Excel or as a csv. And printing is a huge problem.
Posted by KBR95 on 3/20/2014 at 6:15 AM
We are using data from an SSAS Multi Dimensional source in Power View. When the user wants to perform analysis on what they have seen we need to be able to export the data and get hold of the various filters (slicers) so that we can us them in Excel. In our case, we do not start from a Power Pivot and so we cannot just keep it all in Excel.
Posted by Luis Simões on 2/14/2014 at 10:18 AM
It's a true fact that we had lost several proposals just because the best visual and user friendly tool for data exploration "Poweview" could not be used to export results to Excel...
Users really need this, either by exporting the entire view or just a table/matrix...

Microsoft, please consider adding this ASAP so we can keep moving forward with our migration plans into new aproaches and technologies.

Regards
Posted by Muqadder on 1/28/2014 at 3:27 PM
We've been showcasing PowerView as a visualization tool in our organization and everyone seems to LOVE it!! The very first question that gets asked though is "How do I export this data to an excel and do some more analysis or share the raw data with another analyst?". And they hear crickets :(.

I know somoene would suggest a workaround to import data from the underlying Tabular/Multidimensional model into Excel and distribute that. However, exporting a filtered data from within a PowerView dashboard itself (without having the user to navigate away from it and export separately) is a very basic need for this tool. Lack of this feature is infact turning some of the users away and I'd like them to really leverage this otherwise awesome product.
I really hope this feature gets add in the next service pack (not the "next version" please!!). If we've gone this far to integrate PowerPoint with PowerView (and have the Interact feature, another killer one!!), I'm not sure what's preventing integration with Excel.
Posted by SQLSaran on 8/2/2013 at 11:19 AM
That would be very useful for my business users. We are not able to propose Powerview because it could not be printed or exported and that is a huge issue for my business users.
Posted by AshMS on 5/23/2013 at 2:30 PM
I can't believe there is no way for me to create reports, but not export them in more consumable formats :(
Posted by Alastair Coats on 4/4/2013 at 5:19 PM
Yes this is crucial. Using the powerful powerview filters to select particular records is great, but i want to then copy that out to excel for use in mailmerges etc.
Posted by mmala on 2/11/2013 at 1:50 PM
I second this request. I would guess that Microsoft's intent is that we use PowerPivot instead, and keep everything in excel to begin with but, when your users aren't familiar with how to use pivot tables, and Power View has such a nice, easy to use interface, it's unfortunate that we don't have that option. Hopefully MS will rethink their decision and include that functionality in a future release