[SSDT] F6 to move between panes in a query window by Jamie Thomson

Active

Type: Suggestion
Opened: 3/8/2013 2:28:22 AM

I have *almost* fully made the switch from SSMS to SSDT for all my development needs. The one thing about SSMS that keeps me going back to it is better support for keybaord shortcuts.

One that I us a lot is the F6 key to move between the query, results & messages panes in a query window. Unfortunately this doesn't exist in SSDT, and its enough to send me back to SSMS.
Posted by Jamie Thomson on 3/18/2014 at 10:41 AM
That's great news, thank you.
Posted by Microsoft on 3/18/2014 at 10:30 AM
Thanks for your comments. I've implemented F6 and shift-F6 to cycle through the tabs as SSMS does (including for multiple result sets). However the fix won't make it into our upcoming SQL Server 2014 release due in a couple weeks. It'll be in the next update.
Posted by Brett Gerhardi GRG on 3/27/2013 at 5:48 AM
Note that this is also showing on the front screen of the connect site as a "Suggestion Implemented" see below.

Really very poor. I thought connect was a great idea until I've found no suggestions ever actually get dealt with

Latest Suggestion Implemented to date: 13,630

[SSDT] F6 to move between panes in a query window

by: Jamie Thomson | on: SQL Server
Posted by Jamie Thomson on 3/13/2013 at 4:00 AM
Hi Gareth
> "This should probably be logged as a feature request"

I quite agree. note that I didn't raise it as a bug, I raised it as a suggestion (aka a feature request).

regards
JT
Posted by Gareth Stephenson on 3/13/2013 at 3:50 AM
Probably because this isn't a "bug", as it isn't causing undesired or unpredictable behaviour.
This should probably be logged as a feature request, as what you're requesting is essentially a new feature to SSDT.
Posted by Jamie Thomson on 3/13/2013 at 2:58 AM
Why is it "closed as fixed" then if it hasn't been fixed?
Posted by Microsoft on 3/12/2013 at 5:07 PM
Thank you for your feedback. At this time this request does not meet our bug bar.