SSRS 2012, Problems with related/nested multi valued parameters after applying SP1 CU4 by JoJe

Active

Opened: 6/4/2013 4:10:43 AM

Hi

After applying CU4 on my SQL Server 2012 SP1 installation I can no longer use multi valued parameters in my reports. Scenario: If I have two parameters and the first parameter allows multiple values, the second parameter never gets filtered by the selection made in the first parameter. In fact it never gets activated it remains inactive, and when profiling SQL Server I can see that no query is sent to SQL Server for the seconbd parameter. The problem only occurs after deploying to the report manager (installed in native mode). While developing the report the parameters work fine. I have tried creating the report in both Visual Studio and Report Builder, but after deploying to report manager the report still doesn't work. This became a problem immediately after installing CU4 for SQL Server 2012.
Does anyone else have this problem or suggestions on how to solve this problem??
Posted by Microsoft on 5/14/2014 at 3:33 PM
Thanks again for everyone's feedback. Please post in this thread if CU5 (or later) does not address this issue.

Thanks,
Matt Jones
SSRS Tiger Dev Team
Posted by bt_avanade on 11/12/2013 at 11:28 AM
Was this resolved with CU 6?
Posted by Cem_ on 7/22/2013 at 11:04 PM
CU5 (11.0.3373.0) for SQL Server 2012 SP1 is available for download. Is this issue resolved with that update?
Posted by Robbertos on 7/11/2013 at 6:18 AM
When is Cu5 planned to be available? I have uninstalled CU4 but still have the problems with the parameters. How can I fix this without setting the default value. Because I have 100 reports with no default value which not working.
Posted by Anonymous4015 on 7/9/2013 at 1:46 PM
We have encountered the same problem and decided we had to roll-back CU4 - This is a sever impact to our organization and we can not wait for some undetermined length of time for a solution. This follows on the heels of CU3 which was also a disaster for us.
Posted by lancasm on 6/28/2013 at 6:29 AM
With reference to the workaround, when will CU5 be available and is there no specific hotfix while we wait?
Posted by robinwilson16 on 6/19/2013 at 1:26 AM
This has happened to me as well.

It has stopped about 90 reports from working.

All the reports run fine in Visual Studio.

All reports which are not multi-valued are ok but as soon as a report has a multi-valued parameter on it and options are selected and then the user presses to run the report, the options from the multi-valued drop-down are cleared and the report doesn't run.

Is it possible to give a timescale as to when this might be fixed?

Thanks

Robin
Posted by Rod Colledge on 6/11/2013 at 4:18 PM
Just to add to my below comments, we're running SSRS in SharePoint 2010 Integrated mode
Posted by Rod Colledge on 6/11/2013 at 4:16 PM
I can confirm this bug. Works in RTM, SP1, but as soon as SP1 CU4 applied, this breaks
Posted by JoJe on 6/4/2013 at 11:05 PM
Before patching we had SP1 and CU3 installed without any issues regarding SSRS. But the reason we need the CU4 patch was to solve the Unexpected termination error in SSIS/SQL Agent jobs. So I guess you win some and loose some with the CU patches :-) I will go forward and create an Support Incident since this is happening in all of our CU4-patched development and test environments.
Posted by SAinCA on 6/4/2013 at 12:03 PM
With five KB references for SSRS in SP1+CU4, there's a good chance one of them is responsible. Have you uninstalled SP1+CU4 and used SP1+CU3. It's alleged to be the equivalent of the RTM+CU7 code and all my cascading parameters are working fine with that version.

Thanks for posting about the issue - I'll be very cautious of the RTM+CU8 release due in a three weeks or so. It will be interesting to see what MS has to say.

If you have MSDN and this is occurring in development, too, you might consider using a Support Incident to track this down at no charge.
Posted by Matt Jones MSFT on 6/20/2013 at 3:15 PM
One workaround is to supply a default value for the multi-valid value parameter. I found the issue and have a fix checked in for CU5.

Thanks,