Some installation files are corrupt.. by dilip2607

as Not Reproducible Help for as Not Reproducible

Opened: 7/12/2007 5:52:10 AM

I have downloaded all the setup files for Orcas Beta1. After downloading the files, i clicked on OrcasBeta1_VSPRO_SelfExtractedDVD_8partsTotal.part1.exe. It started extracting files but then it given me error saying that "Some installation files are corrupt. Please download the fresh copy and retry the installation".
Please help
Posted by David Douglass on 1/14/2009 at 4:50 AM
I got around this by not insyalling Visual C++
Posted by David Douglass on 1/14/2009 at 3:58 AM
I'm having this issue with Visual Studio 2008 Team Suite install on Vista 32 bit.
Posted by Chris Richner on 12/16/2008 at 12:55 PM
Posted by WisdomGuidedByExperience on 12/10/2008 at 7:31 AM
This exact same issue is happening for me with the Visual Studio 2010 CTP in December 2008. The symptoms are identical to the one reported in this issue. I have downloaded the individual parts from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=922B4655-93D0-4476-BDA4-94CF5F8D4814&displaylang=en#filelist four times now and every time, I get the exact same set of errors:

Some installation files are corrupt.
Please download a fresh copy and retry the installation.

CRC failed in VisualStudio2010CTP.vhd
Unexpected end of archive
Packed data CRC failed in VisualStudio2010CTP.vhd
Posted by dilip2607 on 7/27/2007 at 3:36 AM
Thanks for all your help. Finally, I have decided not to install Orcas on my machine. Today was my last date to provide evaluation report on Orscas for our big prospective project. But Since I am not getting sufficient support in installation, how can I recommend this for use.
Really helpless.
Thanks anyway.
Posted by dilip2607 on 7/24/2007 at 12:59 AM
Dear Sir,
I have followed all the steps mentioned by you.
I have all 8 files which you are showing downloaded. I have extracted files as per your comments and I am getting error while extracting. I have attached error I am getting.
I would like to request you to upload extracted Cab18.cab and Cab20.cab files which may help me.
Posted by Microsoft on 7/23/2007 at 4:59 AM
Hi

We can't repro the issue following the steps provide.
Attach the snapshots for each step. According to the snapshot, you need to download another OrcasBeta1_VSPRO_SelfExtractedDVD_8partsTotal.part7 which contain cab18.cab and cab20.cab.

Thanks,
Kylin
Posted by dilip2607 on 7/23/2007 at 2:57 AM
If problem is not reproducible and things are working fine at your end, Can you please upload atleast Cab18.cab and Cab20.cab files which are not getting extracted at our end.
Posted by dilip2607 on 7/23/2007 at 2:21 AM
I have tried this 3-4 times and I am able to reproduce it every time. Please let me know if somebody can help me. Otherwise I may have to scrap idea of installing this.
Posted by dilip2607 on 7/12/2007 at 11:45 PM
I have downloaded required files again. But, I am again getting same problem. It's consistently reproducible at our end atleast.
I am loosing interest now if somebody doesn't help.
Posted by dilip2607 on 7/12/2007 at 11:40 PM
Posted by Microsoft on 7/12/2007 at 4:38 PM
Thanks for your feedback, we were unable to repro the bug with the steps provided on Visual Studio Codename Orcas Beta1 (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=5D9C6B2D-439C-4EC2-8E24-B7D9FF6A2AB2&displaylang=en). If you still see this issue occurring we would like to investigate this issue again.

Visual Studio Product Team.
Posted by Robert Vieira on 5/28/2009 at 9:31 PM
I just saw this issue in VS2010 Beta 1, and found a work around on Heath Stewart's Blog. If you copy the file images local (rather than installing directly from the DVD), everything seems to install just fine.

Given this work around, the problem is most likely some form of odd race condition, so it's not suprising that some would see it, and some would not. In my case, I was installing to a virtual machine (using Virtual Server 2005 R2) with Windows 7.