Windows Media Player 11: 'Fit video to player on resize' bug by wxPythoner

as External Help for as External

Opened: 6/22/2008 6:02:41 AM

This bug report relates to Windows Media Player 11. The setting 'Fit video to player on resize' is not properly loaded at initialization of WMP 11. It works if you toggle it after the video is loaded, but it does not work when WMP 11 is initialized with a video file.
Posted by AdiWESTLA on 9/3/2008 at 11:29 PM
OK I HAVE FIXED THIS PROBLEM!!!!

I have tried EVERYTHING, Regedit, blah blah etc etc. But I finally got it working.

1) Right click on Windows Media Player and RUN AS ADMIN
2) For me the window always opened if MAXIMIZED so I fixed it to middle size and then I clicked FIX PLAYER TO RESIZE and not ON START
3) Walla it works, you dont have to open it as ADMIN anymore.

PS- The problem I had was rooted in the fact that it always started MAXIMIZED. So if you want it as a big window MAX it then click the middle button up on the right and strech it to the max size and then close(all as ADMIN) and this will solve that as well.

HOPE THIS HELPS!!!
Posted by Microsoft on 6/24/2008 at 2:42 AM
Thanks for using the Visual Studio & .Net Framework Connect site. The site is put in place to enable the community to submit feedback on these technologies. We encourage you to use the MSDN Forums for general questions: http://forums.microsoft.com/msdn/default.aspx?siteid=1.

Visual Studio Product Team
Posted by wxPythoner on 6/22/2008 at 12:37 PM
Dear Microsoft, please make a connection for the Windows Media Player as well. I am not able to report a bug against this product. As much as I would want to, I can't because there is no connection for it. But please take this bug report into consideration and, if possible, fix the bug. I would be most grateful to you as would other end-users be. Thank you very much for every product you offer to us. I like your products and respect you in any way. Thank you again.
Posted by wxPythoner on 6/22/2008 at 12:05 PM
I haven't. In fact, there was no option to set that I am submitting a bug report against Windows Media Player 11. I am a first-timer in Windows Connect, so please excuse me. If you know, please tell me how to submit this bug against Windows Media Player 11. Where do I choose this? I looked everywhere to choose for which Microsoft product I am submitting the bug report and found none for WMP 11. I would gladly resubmit the bug report if you tell me how to submit this bug report against Windows Media Player 11. Thank you.
Posted by Daniel Smith on 6/22/2008 at 8:41 AM
Why have you submitted this bug against Visual Studio???
Posted by wxPythoner on 6/22/2008 at 7:02 AM
I must also report that the setting in WMP 11 'Fit Player to Video on Start' does not work at all. So please fix this bug as well. Thank you.