Error while using adodb recordset by Werner Engbers1

as External Help for as External

Opened: 7/22/2009 3:02:40 AM

Acessing field values produces run time error (message: Could not load type 'ADODB.FieldsToInternalFieldsMarshaler' from assembly 'NervMemos, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null')
Posted by Chris from Cork on 7/9/2012 at 3:02 PM
Thanks,

Workaround fixed it for me too.

Regards,

Chris
Posted by bob mujica on 2/23/2012 at 1:21 AM
Thanks Guys, the workaround worked for me nicely.

Cheers
Robert
Posted by Jason N. Gaylord on 10/26/2011 at 12:51 PM
This workaround resolved a similar issue that we were receiving where the error read "Could not load type 'ADODB.ParameterToInternalParameterMarshaler' from ..."
Posted by timtierney on 12/1/2010 at 7:52 AM
In a recent project, we ran into the same problem and we can confirm that the workaround works.
Posted by jsree on 11/29/2010 at 9:06 AM
I have the same error, how do I submit my files, I zipped the install files, you can install it and run it.
thx
jayasree
Posted by Hallo2ooo on 11/25/2009 at 6:39 AM
Error 1 of 1:
Error Object:        mscorlib
Error Procedure:    CreateCustomMarshalerHelper
Error Discription:    Could not load type 'ADODB.FieldsToInternalFieldsMarshaler' from assembly 'PayrollLoader, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
Base Exception:        Could not load type 'ADODB.FieldsToInternalFieldsMarshaler' from assembly 'PayrollLoader, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Full Exception
**************************************

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'ADODB.FieldsToInternalFieldsMarshaler' from assembly 'PayrollLoader, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
at System.StubHelpers.StubHelpers.CreateCustomMarshalerHelper(IntPtr pMD, Int32 paramToken, IntPtr hndManagedType)
at ADODB._Recordset.get_Fields()
at PayrollLoader.clsExcelReport.CreateRecordset(DataTable& table)
Posted by Microsoft on 8/4/2009 at 11:50 PM
Thanks for using the Visual Studio & .Net Framework Connect site. The site is put in place to enable the community to submit feedback on these technologies. We encourage you to use the MSDN Forums for general questions: http://forums.microsoft.com/msdn/default.aspx?siteid=1.

Visual Studio Product Team
Posted by Microsoft on 7/24/2009 at 2:48 AM
Thanks for reporting the issue.
In order to fix the issue, we must first reproduce the issue in our labs. We are unable to reproduce the issue with the steps you provided. Could you please provide us with a demo project that can be used to reproduce this issue? And we will re-investigate.

If we do not receive a response from you after 7-days , we will automatically close your issue. There is no obligation to respond -- at any time you may edit your issue via Connect and change the status to “Active.”

Visual Studio Product Team
Posted by Hallo2ooo on 11/25/2009 at 6:45 AM
For me, this only ocurred on workstations my program was deployed to, so I wasn't able to reproduce it on my pc.
The problem for me was that in my project I had adodb.dll as an Embeded Interop Type.
I just change it to non-embeded and set "Copy Local" = True