TF80070: Team Foundation encountered an error while performing the operation. It is recommended that you save your work and restart the application. by Andreas Hülsmann

as Not Reproducible Help for as Not Reproducible

Opened: 11/25/2009 7:27:25 AM

I have the following test scenario:
Server 1: Team Foundation Server 2010 Beta 2 (3 GB Memory)
Server 2: Poject Server 2010 beta (3 GB Memory)
All Servers are on Vmware Server.
Workstation: Office Project 2010 Beta
I have a project document that has received work items from the tfs 2010. The document are saved in the project server 2010.
In the beginning, I could easily work with the project document without errors.
Now after the start comes always the following massage: "TF80070: Team Foundation encountered an error while performing the operation. It is recommended that you save your work and restart the application.”
Sometime appears the following error too: “TF82034: There was a problem initializing the Microsoft Project Team Foundation AddIn. Re-installing the Team Foundation Client may be required.”
I have done. I repaired visual studio 2010 and project professional 2010. But the first error always occurs still.
It is now the same error when I create a new project document.
I don’t have problems with Visual Studio 2010 Beta 2.
Posted by lazers on 5/9/2012 at 4:54 AM
I have VS 2008 and VS 2010 installed on the system. I have MS Project Professional 2010 connected to a team project on TFS 2008. It used to work fine but just today when i checkout the project file and click Refresh, it takes some time and then gives me this exact error.
Posted by Matt P. _ on 1/12/2011 at 3:06 PM
I was able to get the same error performing a different series of steps. Using the MSF for Agile 5.0 templates do the following:

1. From Team Queries | Iteration 1 - move the open issues query to the root of Team Queries (my preference is to track issues across my iterations.

2. Open the Issues.xlsx file from Documents | Shared Documents to update the link to the new query location.

3. From within the Excel - Team tab click "configure - list".

4. From the list dialog you should notice that the system automatically updated the query location so close it.

5. Select to add additional columns to the list results (Created By, Created Date).

6. Click 'Save'.

Result: The error message is displayed.
Posted by Alexandr Usachyov on 3/24/2010 at 12:17 PM
I have the same problem in combination TFS 2008 or TFS 2010RC + MS Project Server 2007.

I had the same error tf80070 (with TFS 2010RC & MS Project Server 2007)
1. Open PWA then open plan of project with TFS Wis
2. Then sometimes error tf80070 happens

After that some of TFS WorkItems was lost from opened plan MS Project and some hierachy relationships WorkItems was lost also.
This bug not always affects on all items of plan and this case is most dangerous: you do not see that this plan has been corrupted in some places and can click "Publish" panel "Team Explorer" - this will eventually ruin the relationship WIs in TFS.

I tried to click "Refresh" on "Team Explorer" panel but this does not correct the situation - the only part of WIs from TFS updated correctly.

I noticed that the most common error appears when you click "Publish" (to TFS)
Posted by Microsoft on 12/1/2009 at 1:53 PM
Was unable to repro this bug and the customer no longer has a worksheet to repro this issue as well.
Posted by Microsoft on 11/26/2009 at 4:00 AM
Thank you for your feedback, We are currently reviewing the issue you have submitted. If this issue is urgent, please contact support directly(http://support.microsoft.com)