Visual Studio 2008 with SP1 Crash when I change data source in SSRS project by Lucky85008

as External Help for as External

Problem Signature 06:    4889dc80
Problem Signature 07:    343f
Problem Signature 08:    21c
Problem Signature 09:    System.IO.IOException
OS Version:    6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.6
Locale ID:    1033

Additional information about the problem:
LCID:    1033

I am not sure why its happening. I have SSRS project with report model in it. So whenever I open data source and change the user id and press ok , ok , Visual Studio just Crash.

Here is process to duplicate the error:

1.    Create SSRS Report Model Project in Visual Studio 2008
2.    Create new object for data source, data source view and report models
3.    Save the solution and close it
4.    Important : Copy the solution folder and paste in new folder
5.    Open the solution and open the data source
6.    Change something like data source name or database , press ok , ok , it will crash the Visual Studio 2008
I also attached the project too.

Thanks for your help.

Any idea why its happening?

Thanks.
Posted by Lucky85008 on 1/13/2010 at 4:14 PM
Is SQL Server 2008 R2 already released? I checked the Microsoft web site and it is CTP. And we don’t install CTP in production. I installed BI from SQL server 2008 with SP1. Could you test it on SQL server 2008 with SP1? If there any hot fix for it , please let me know.

Thanks.
Posted by Microsoft on 1/8/2010 at 10:10 AM
Hi,
We have tried the repro steps in the latest build of SQL Server 2008 R2 and the issue that you have reported no longer repros.

Thanks.

SQL Server Reporting Services
Posted by Lucky85008 on 12/30/2009 at 8:04 AM
Thanks for looking it.

My main question is , when are we going to get the fix for it?
Thanks
Posted by Microsoft on 12/29/2009 at 10:55 AM
Thank you for your feedback and the project file. This issue has been forwarded to the Report Creation feature team. We will be investigating the issue.

Thank you.

SQL Server Reporting Services
Posted by Microsoft on 12/29/2009 at 10:55 AM

Thank you.

SQL Server Reporting Services
Posted by Microsoft on 12/29/2009 at 10:55 AM

Thank you.

SQL Server Reporting Services
Posted by Lucky85008 on 12/28/2009 at 9:27 AM
Here is process to create to duplicate the error:

1.    Create SSRS Report Model Project in Visual Studio 2008
2.    Create new object for data source, data source view and report models
3.    Save the solution and close it
4.    Important : Copy the solution folder and paste in new folder
5.    Open the solution and open the data source
I also attached the project too. Report Model Project2 - Copy.zip

Thanks for your help.

Posted by Microsoft on 12/26/2009 at 11:04 PM
Hi,

To help us better understand the scenario, could you please provide a zipped project file to help us reproduce this issue?

Visual Studio Product Team.
Posted by Lucky85008 on 12/24/2009 at 8:29 AM
I can create new Report Model Project and new data source. And if I give this project (with all folders) to other programmer, that programmer cannot see User Id and password. So when that programmer add user id and password and press ok, ok , visual Studio crash.

I also happening when I add Report Model Project in VSS.

And its happening on 3-4 PCs.
Posted by Microsoft on 12/24/2009 at 3:00 AM
Posted by Luis Simões on 3/16/2011 at 5:14 AM
Change your .smdlproj to reflect the datasource changes and you will be on your way.
Just dont double click on the datasource file.

Brute force all the way :P lol