std::pair members are not members of std::pair by CornedBee

Active

Opened: 5/13/2010 10:08:09 AM

In VC10, the members of std::pair (first and second) have moved to some internal base class, _Pair_base. While this change is mostly invisible, it shows up in one specific place: the type of a pointer-to-member to those members refers to _Pair_base as the containing class. Usually, this would implicitly convert to the type I want, but not when used as the argument to a non-type template parameter.
Posted by Microsoft on 6/13/2011 at 3:38 PM
Hi,

Thanks for reporting this bug. We've fixed it by removing pair's base class, and the fix will be available in VC11.

I apologize for the poor treatment of this bug - Connect bugs are mirrored to an internal database. When we got a new internal database, I ported this bug by hand so I could keep track of it. Then someone went into the old database and duped this against the bug in the new database. That's obviously problematic for a Connect bug, and I didn't notice that this had happened until now.

If you have any further questions, feel free to E-mail me at stl@microsoft.com .

Stephan T. Lavavej
Visual C++ Libraries Developer
Posted by CornedBee on 6/6/2011 at 12:38 AM
Seriously, what bug is this a dupe of? The other bug apparently doesn't even mention std::pair, or I would be able to find it.

What kind of terrible bug tracking system doesn't even create links to dupes?
Posted by Kris-N on 4/27/2011 at 4:33 AM
Which bug is this a dupe of?
Posted by CornedBee on 3/28/2011 at 1:52 AM
So ... do I get a link to the duplicated bug, so that I can track that one instead?
Posted by Microsoft on 3/27/2011 at 5:53 PM
Hello,

Thanks for reporting this issue. We appreciate your feedback and are constantly trying to improve our products based on it. The bug you have reported is a duplicate of an issue we are already tracking. Therefore, we are closing this one as a duplicate.

Best Regards,
Visual C++ Team
Posted by Microsoft on 5/13/2010 at 7:17 PM
Thanks for your feedback.

Posted by Microsoft on 5/13/2010 at 5:04 PM