Cannot remove .NET Framework 4 Extended Or Client Profile by Daniel J A

Active

Opened: 7/5/2010 7:46:46 AM

Well I am trying to install the latest XNA 4.0 April.

And when I try to install it, I get told to remove a bunch of products (like 15) so I did that in the most logical order I could think of, and now the last 2 ".NET Framework 4 Extended and Client Profile" will not uninstall.

The Client Profile needs Extended to be unistalled first... and Extended will not uninstall and tells me to contact you :)

Anyway is there anything I can do to remove these 2 applications so I can install the latest XNA 4.0

Windows 7 64bit incase you wanted to know.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Posted by Microsoft on 7/20/2010 at 11:55 AM
Looks like your setup cache is either corrupted or missing portions. You are also on a pre-release version of .NET 4. I recommend downloading and installing the RTM version of .NET 4.0. This should get you in a good state which would then allow you to uninstall if thats still required.

You can install .NET 4 from here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=9CFB2D51-5FF4-4491-B0E5-B386F32C0992
Posted by Daniel J A on 7/13/2010 at 5:16 PM
I just uploaded the log, sorry my internet was capped so I couldn't upload anything...
Posted by Microsoft on 7/12/2010 at 11:32 PM
Hello,

Sorry for bothering. Is there any update?

It would be greatly appreciated if you could provide us with that information as quickly as possible. If we do not hear back from you within 7 days, we will close this issue.

Thanks again for your efforts and we look forward to hearing from you.
Posted by Microsoft on 7/5/2010 at 7:36 PM
Thanks for reporting the issue.
Could you please upload a setup log file to help us investigate the issue?
You can get the log files with the following steps:
1) Download collect.exe from the link below. http://go.microsoft.com/?LinkId=8967043
2) You may choose to save the tool for later use, or to run directly.
3) The utility creates a compressed cabinet of all the VS and .NET logs to %TEMP%\vslogs.cab.

You can get more details about how to get the log files here:

Thanks!