Word 2010 Backstage ribbon disappears after enabling editing on a protected view document by CSSForumEngineer

as Not Reproducible Help for as Not Reproducible

Opened: 7/30/2010 4:00:38 AM

First, I create a Shared add-in to customize the Backstage view of Word 2010. I have followed the steps in this MSDN page to create a shared add-in just for Word 2010: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee691833.aspx. The shared add-in I created is BackStageCOMAddIn.zip

Second, I change the setting in Protected View to make the document opened from network show Protected view message bar. When I open a document from the internet, this document will load this ribbon. After clicking the Enable Editing, these two buttons in Backstage view disappear. For Protected view, I refer to this article: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel-help/what-is-protected-view-HA010355931.aspx. Then, I upload a word document to http://skydrive.live.com, open it from internet, and now could see this Protected View message bar.

Third, for this behavior, then I create a VSTO word 2010 add-in, and an VSTO Excel 2010 add-in. By running this Word 2010 add-in, the behavior is the same as one in shared add-in. However, by running in Excel 2010 Add-in, these two buttons still show after clicking Enable Editing. The VSTO word Add-in I created is BackStageProtectedViewWordAddin.zip

It seems that this issue is only for Word 2010. So I think it may be a bug of Word 2010 32-bit.

The thread link is here: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/worddev/thread/ecd3cc0f-90c5-4d40-9419-9341a9f5d88a.
Posted by Sabby Baath on 11/16/2012 at 1:18 PM
I can reproduce the issue. Everytime I enable editing in the protected mode, my buttons disappear.
Posted by Jason Herron on 8/16/2011 at 12:41 PM
This is still an issue with all the latest updates. Why was this issue closed "as Not Reproducible"?
Posted by Duncan Shaw on 4/5/2011 at 4:39 PM
I am also able to replicate this issue. This is in relation specifically to a Document Management System integration into Word, Excel does not exhibit this behaviour. The DMS is Worksite which is owned by Autonomy.
When a document is opened in protected view, once saving is enabled, the ability to locally save the document is removed. Worksite gives the option to save into the DMS or save locally. This issue removes the ability to save it locally, which added as an extra menu option as part of the Worksite install (the default Save option default tot he DMS).
Posted by Aaron Robertson-Hodder on 3/28/2011 at 4:15 PM
Hi,

Is there any news on this issue?

Thanks.
Posted by Microsoft on 8/1/2010 at 10:10 PM
Thanks for your feedback.

Posted by Microsoft on 7/30/2010 at 5:08 PM