ClickOnce deployment of apps with report viewer 2010 fails by Jochen Wezel

as Duplicate Help for as Duplicate

Opened: 9/8/2010 3:51:44 AM

The clients can't install the click once application successfully.

They clients click on the install button of the publish.html file, the application detects a missing ReportViewerLPexe, shows the EULA dialog, and after accepting, it shows an error message that it wasn't able to continue. The details message points us to the install.log which is appended here.
Posted by Microsoft on 2/3/2011 at 2:02 PM
Thank you for your feedback.

This issue is a duplicate of connect ID 591762. I will resolve this issue as a duplicate and use the earlier issue to track this effect.

SQL Server Reporting Services Team
Posted by Jochen Wezel on 9/30/2010 at 3:17 AM
I already opened a support ticket at Microsoft and am in contact with Mr. Klaus Sobel from Microsoft Germany.

The reference to the support ticket is:
[REG:110091629414118] Callback:ClickOnce deployment of apps with report viewer 2010 fails
Posted by J. Englert on 9/15/2010 at 3:13 AM
Hello, I found in the package.xml for the ReportViewer in the PackageFiles element for ReportViewerLP.EXE the attribut homesite="reportviewerlpEXE". I would have expected a string value in the same file (bottom of the file) which should point to the microsoft page for the download. This string value exists for reportviewerexe and is missing for reportviewerlpexe. I found a workaround for me not a solution!
I changed in my deployment configuration from use files from website to use file from specific location in my case I used the application folder
I copied the ReportViewer folder from the bootstrap\packages folder to my deployment location, where my clickonce application is deployed to. Now the setup is doin what I expect.
May be Microsoft can provide the correct go.microsoft.com/fwlink for the reportviewerlpexe attribute
Would be very nice, thanks a lot
Jürgen
Posted by Microsoft on 9/8/2010 at 5:01 PM
Posted by Jochen Wezel on 9/8/2010 at 4:17 AM
Attached the "CM HLS Administration.vbproj" for better reproduction
Posted by Jochen Wezel on 9/8/2010 at 4:07 AM
A quick workaround solution is appreciated - e.g. how to remove the necessaryty of the language pack (it will work with universal English as well, just it's English, but it works!)
Posted by Jochen Wezel on 9/8/2010 at 3:53 AM
Ticket ID 565646 might be an unsolved duplicate of this ticket or a similar problem with similar causes.
Posted by Jochen Wezel on 9/30/2010 at 3:18 AM
1. Install the required report viewer components manually (inclusive the language pack)

2. When opening the publish.htm in your browser, don't click on the "Install" button but click on the "Start" link. The link directly points to the .application file which is then able to start.
File Name Submitted By Submitted On File Size