error CS0433: The type exists in two locations by JoelWZ

as Not Reproducible Help for as Not Reproducible

Opened: 1/10/2011 9:23:02 AM

I am using VS 2010 with an ASP.Net web application (FW: 3.5). When I run the app in VS, I get the following message:

c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\e7d09027\703efd1\App_Web_commandmodule.aspx.98f065d9.hwdz-ui2.0.cs(150): error CS0433: The type 'ASP.commandmodule_command_master' exists in both 'c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\e7d09027\703efd1\App_Web_command.master.98f065d9.5f4zhfs0.dll' and 'c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\e7d09027\703efd1\App_Web_ltl_wu4_.dll'

I have deleted the temporary files/folders and as soon as I run the app, I get the same message and the files reappear. This is a show stopper and I do not know where to turn. I have searched the web, but the only thing I found was suggestion to delete the folders, which did not work..

Any Ideas would be appreciated.

Posted by CuriousMike on 4/26/2013 at 10:00 AM
I had the same problem. Adding batch="false" to the line below fixed my problem.
<compilation debug="true" batch="false">
Posted by Microsoft on 2/8/2011 at 1:26 AM
Hi,
We will go ahead and close this connect issue. If it happens again, feel free to reactive this issue.
Thanks for using Visual Studio Connect Site.
Posted by JoelWZ on 2/4/2011 at 7:34 AM
This one has been very intermittent. At times, it seemed that if you made a change in the Html code, that required a change in the .designer.aspx, it would stop the probme for a while, but it always seemed to come back.

This week a colleague of mine opened a ticket with Microsoft Premiere support for the same item. The support engineer directed him to add a compile type of batch in the web.config. So far that has solved the problem. Hopefully, this is a long term fix.

<compilation debug="true" batch="false">
Posted by Microsoft on 2/3/2011 at 6:12 PM
Hi,
Sorry for delay. Unfortunately, we are unable to reproduce the issue with the current info.
Could you please provide us with a sample project?

It would be greatly appreciated if you could provide us this information as quickly as possible.

Posted by JoelWZ on 1/28/2011 at 8:50 AM
This has reared its ugly head again. I have a user control on a page that has worked for several weeks and yesterday it started giving the error. The message reads that the page using the control has the CS4033 error and the type of the user control exists in two different "temporary ASP.NET Files" temp folder. I deleted both cache folders and that did not fix it. This morning I created a new version of the user control with a different name and on the very first time I ran the app, I got the error pointing to the new user control.
Posted by Microsoft on 1/18/2011 at 10:47 PM
Hi,
Sorry for delay. Since the problem has disappeared. We will go ahead and close this connect issue.
Thanks for using Visual Studio Connect Site.
Posted by JoelWZ on 1/14/2011 at 6:51 AM
At this point, the problem has disappeared. I had saved off some prior versions of the controls in the same folder, just excluding them from the project. When I finally moved these unused items to a separate "Hold" folder, the problem disappeared. The only thing I can figure out is that there was some conflict between the page, control and class names. One other team member had solved the problem by switching the app to FW V4 from 3.5. This is not something we can do, because we are accessing print queue info in this app and there is an existing issue (found elsewhere on Connect) addressing the queue issue by holding at v3.5.
Posted by Microsoft on 1/13/2011 at 11:21 PM
Hello,

Sorry for bothering. Is there any update?

It would be greatly appreciated if you could provide us with that information as quickly as possible.
Thanks you
Posted by Microsoft on 1/10/2011 at 6:52 PM
Thank you for reporting this issue. In order to research the issue reported, we must first reproduce in our labs. Unfortunately, we are unable to reproduce the issue with the steps you provided.

Could you please provide us with a sample project zip? Or, you may try to describe some more repro info.

Posted by Microsoft on 1/10/2011 at 9:58 AM