Files open up in the wrong docking window by JoeyBB

as Not Reproducible Help for as Not Reproducible

Opened: 1/12/2011 3:38:43 PM

I don't know what's changed in 2010 but depending where you initiate opening a file it might open in the wrong docking area. For instance if I compile a project and get a list of errors and double click one of the listed errors the page will open up docked in the same region as the Error List window, wherever that may be at the moment, but ONLY if the file in question isn't already open in the IDE. My Error List window is docked to the bottom 200 pixels of the IDE so of course I don't want a file to open up down there, its useless. Same thing with the Find All Symbol Results window. If I double click on a result in that window and the file isn't already open in the IDE then the file will open in the same region as the Find All Symbol Results. There are numerous other examples, even occurs from the Solution Explorer depending on which docking area was last focused.

This is not how 2008 worked and not how I want 2010 to work either. I want all documents, regardless of which docked window I initiate the open from, to open in the main docking area.
Posted by Henrik Weimenhög on 3/4/2012 at 1:03 AM
Hi I have the same issue.
Resetting my settings partly solved the problem, now some clicks open in the code window and some in the lower window.
Posted by StrandedPirate on 2/12/2011 at 5:30 PM
Reseting settings has resolved the problem. I have not seen the issue since reseting and its been about a month.
Posted by Microsoft on 1/23/2011 at 10:20 PM
Hi, given that we have not heard back from you in 7 days. We will go ahead and close this Connect Issue. If you get a chance to review and provide the information requested earlier, you can go ahead and reactivate this issue. (Click “Edit this item” button on the site and change the “Status” to “Active”)
Posted by Microsoft on 1/17/2011 at 10:03 PM
Hello,

Sorry for bothering. Is there any update?

It would be greatly appreciated if you could provide us with that information as quickly as possible. If we do not hear back from you within 7 days, we will close this issue.

Thanks again for your efforts and we look forward to hearing from you.
Posted by Microsoft on 1/13/2011 at 12:46 AM
Hi JoeyBB,

Please reset your environment settings by clicking Tools-> Import and Export setting... -> Reset all settings.

After that, please try it again and let us know your test result.

Thanks!
Posted by Microsoft on 1/12/2011 at 9:41 PM
Thank you for reporting this issue.
Could you please provide a video to help us reproduce this issue?
Posted by Microsoft on 1/12/2011 at 3:59 PM