System.Reflection.Adds.UnresolvedAssemblyException in WPF XAML designer after VS2010 SP1. by mommi

as Deferred Help for as Deferred

ID: 651966
Opened: 3/17/2011 4:26:46 AM

After installing Visual Studio 2010 SP1, I get System.Reflection.Adds.UnresolvedAssemblyException's in the WPF XAML designer when the project is referencing certain SQL 2008 dlls.
If i uninstall SP1 the problem goes away.
Posted by Microsoft on 8/16/2011 at 10:05 AM
Hi All,
Thank you for taking the time to report this issue. I have been able to reproduce your issue in Visual Studio 2010 SP1. We are investigating a fix for the next release of Visual Studio. If you have any more questions or comments please feel free to email me directly at adaml @ Microsoft . com
Thanks,
-Adam LaPitz
WPF / Silverlight Designer
Posted by jv81 on 8/4/2011 at 3:58 AM
I think I'm also experiencing this problem with Infopath FormControl:

Any updates or workarounds?
Posted by Ashish Harchwani on 8/2/2011 at 2:57 PM
I am getting same exception, and it is prohibiting it to load in Designer view but I am able to Successfully compile it and run my wpf application. Only issue it doesn't allow me to view design or create auto stub for EventHandlers. It was working well before I did VS2010 Repair, but it Compiles and Executes seamlessly despite this error.
Posted by Will Eddins on 4/4/2011 at 12:27 PM
I'm experiencing the same issue, although with a hardware DLL located in the project's local directory.
Posted by N_CSU-Long on 3/21/2011 at 11:43 AM
I just downloaded SP1 for VS 2010 and all of the sudden getting this error in XAML file.
Posted by Microsoft on 3/18/2011 at 3:00 AM
Thank you for submitting feedback on Visual Studio 2010 and .NET Framework. Your issue has been routed to the appropriate VS development team for review. We will contact you if we require any additional information.
Posted by Microsoft on 3/17/2011 at 5:13 AM
Posted by Lukas Atharis on 1/29/2012 at 2:20 AM
Apparently adding the folder containing your Assembly in the References Paths of your project (Project Properties > Reference Paths) makes VS happy again ...