CMFCDesktopAlertWnd::Create() method doesn't show a window for SYSTEM_DEFAULT_ANIMATION ANIMATION_TYPE option by aljodAv

as Fixed Help for as Fixed

Opened: 4/10/2011 10:51:21 AM

Please, see the following post I've submmitted to the " Visual C++ MFC and ATL " forum:

It includes an MFC project to reproduce the problem.

Posted by Microsoft on 4/19/2011 at 4:03 PM
Hello,

Thanks for the report and the project attachments. This issue has been fixed in MFC for the next major release of Visual Studio.

Pat Brenner
Visual C++ Libraries Development
Posted by Microsoft on 4/13/2011 at 8:41 PM
Thank you for submitting feedback on Visual Studio 2010 and .NET Framework. Your issue has been routed to the appropriate VS development team for review. We will contact you if we require any additional information.

For the problematic zip file, the language for the OS of my test box is English(US). After changing the language for non-Unicode programs to Chinese(Simplified, PRC), I cannot view any item in the zipped file. After changing the language for non-Unicode programs to others, such as English(US), Portuguese(Portugal), Japanese(Japan), I can view the zipped file normally.
Posted by aljodAv on 4/12/2011 at 1:14 AM
Hi,

-About the problematic zip file yet-

I think it'd be interesting if you send the problematic zip file to someone else that uses english or portuguese Windows OS, to check if the problem is really OS localization language.

And, please, let me know.

Thanks,
aljodAv
Posted by aljodAv on 4/12/2011 at 1:02 AM
Hi,
I've just uploaded a new project zipped file to this site.
It's named AlertWnd.zip.
I really don't understand why you are not able to see the other file's content.
This is a valuable tech info that I'd like to know.
If you conclude something, please, let me know.
As I wrote before, my system is pt-BR, and I'm using ASCII-extended characters.
Are you using any oriental language in your system?
I'm asking this, because I had similar problem before in this thread:
I wonder if localization makes ASCII-extended characters completely unrecognizable in oriental language charset.
Again, please, let me know if you conclude something.
Also, let me know if you succeed or not opening this new zip file.

Thanks,
aljodAv
Posted by Microsoft on 4/11/2011 at 11:59 PM
Hi aljodAv,

After downloading, I get a zip file in 89.4KB size. But I cannot extract it, nor can I view any item in it.
Could you please help to provide us with a new sample project zip?

Thanks again for your efforts and we look forward to hearing from you.
Posted by aljodAv on 4/11/2011 at 2:42 PM
Hi,
I've just uploaded the project zipped file to this site.
I really don't understand why you are getting an empty file.
In my SkyDrive, it is reported to have 89.5KB in length.
Maybe, the cause is that my system is pt-BR, and I'm using ASCII-extended characters in many names in the project.

If you are still having problems in downloading it, please, let me know and I'll redo the project using pure ASCII only characters.

Thanks,
aljodAv
Posted by Microsoft on 4/10/2011 at 8:29 PM
Thank you for reporting this issue.

The zip file download from http://cid-104031f0c4c4e409.office.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/MFCDesktopAlertWnd%20%c3%97%20SetAnimationType.zip is an empty file.
Could you please upload a sample project zip to this site directly?

It would be greatly appreciated if you could provide us this information as quickly as possible.

Posted by Microsoft on 4/10/2011 at 11:16 AM