This file has been modified outside the editor... driving me crazy by doug65536

as Not Reproducible Help for as Not Reproducible

Opened: 10/9/2011 5:40:39 AM
Moderator Decision: Sent to Engineering Team for consideration

I often have a log file produced by my application open in the editor. While stepping through the program and when finishing a debug run, that annoying popup keeps coming up.

It has been popping up in my face 100x a day for years now and I'm seriously getting tired of it.

I know I could close it... Trouble is, I have a lot of source files opening when debugging and I'm not iterested in going and hunting it down over and over and over. I also often look at the file while debugging and after runs.

Why not have a way to tag that file as "always reload". Please?
Posted by citykid dl on 1/23/2014 at 12:44 PM
I face the very same issue with VS 2010 / 2012 / 2013.

During development I write the dgml file "a.dgml" on every run that holds a graph. This file is open in VS and I would wish that it simply updates after every program run. However, I hav to click this alert box about "file modified" every time again and again. It is really ununderstandably annoying and in particular: What does or should the checkbox "Auto-load changes, if saved" do? It does not change anything, I do not understand the meaning of this checkbox.
Posted by Microsoft on 10/26/2011 at 1:45 AM
Thank you for submitting feedback on Visual Studio 2010 and the .NET Framework. At this point, it has been more than two weeks since we initially requested additional information to reproduce your issue. Since we have not heard back from you we will close the issue. If you need further assistance on this or any other pre-release product issues in the future, please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help.
Posted by Microsoft on 10/19/2011 at 1:24 AM
Thanks for your feedback.

Posted by Microsoft on 10/19/2011 at 1:09 AM
Hello,

Sorry for bothering. Is there any update?

It would be greatly appreciated if you could provide us with that information as quickly as possible.

Thanks you.
Posted by MS-Moderator10 [Feedback Moderator] on 10/11/2011 at 1:19 AM
Thank you for submitting feedback on Visual Studio 2010 and .NET Framework. Could you please try checking "Tools > Options > Environment > Documents > Auto-load changes, if saved" option?

If the issue persists, Could you please give us a video?

We look forward to hearing from you with this information.

Microsoft Visual Studio Connect Support Team
Posted by GregM on 10/9/2011 at 2:11 PM
Check this option:
Tools>Options>Documents
Auto-load changes, if saved.
Posted by MS-Moderator01 on 10/9/2011 at 6:40 AM