Repeated failed attempts to update Silverlight and .NET Framework 4 by Backhus

as Not Reproducible Help for as Not Reproducible

Opened: 10/31/2011 9:41:51 PM
Moderator Decision: Sent to Engineering Team for consideration

After multiple attempts, Security Update for Microsoft Silverlight (KB2617986) and Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework on XP, Server 2003, Vista, Server 2008, Server 2008 R2 for x64 (KB2572078) are still unable to install. I cannot find any solutions for these errors: Code 66A and Code 64C. Please help!
Posted by MS-Moderator07 [Feedback Moderator] on 11/21/2011 at 10:13 PM
Hi, given that we have not heard back from you in 14 days. We will go ahead and close this Connect Issue. If you get a chance to review and provide the information requested earlier, you can go ahead and reactivate this issue.
Posted by MS-Moderator07 on 11/14/2011 at 12:02 AM
I am currently standing by for an update from you and would like to know how things are going on your end. If you could get back to me at your earliest convenience with information I request, we will be able to make headway towards a resolution. I look forward to hearing from you.
Posted by Yassine Souabni on 11/11/2011 at 6:55 AM
I'm facing the same issue - each time I run mbsa that sec patch is missing.

If I download it and start installation, it hangs a minutes after.
I also Get the Install Updates and shutdown message but even if I do,
the update appear to be missing if I run mbsa or if I plug the pc on the network, the wauclt.exe starts that patch also and it stays on memory ....

Posted by MS-Moderator01 on 11/1/2011 at 2:43 AM
Posted by MS-Moderator07 on 11/1/2011 at 2:03 AM
Thanks for reporting the issue.
In order to fix the issue, we must first reproduce the issue in our labs. We are unable to reproduce the issue with the steps you provided.

It may help if you provide us with:
a setup log file

You can get the log files with the following steps:
1) Download collect.exe from the link below. http://go.microsoft.com/?LinkId=8967043
2) You may choose to save the tool for later use, or to run directly.
3) The utility creates a compressed cabinet of all the VS and .NET logs to %TEMP%\vslogs.cab.

You can get more details about how to get the log files here:

Thanks again for your efforts and we look forward to hearing from you.
Microsoft Visual Studio Connect Support Team