Unable to Get Developer licence for Windows 8 Consumer Preview. by andrewscott48210

as External Help for as External

Opened: 3/1/2012 2:07:59 PM
Moderator Decision: Sent to Engineering Team for consideration
Duplicates: 731508

When I tried to install the developer Licence for Windows 8 Consumer Preview, I get an error saying "We couldn't get your developer Licence for Windows 8 Consumer Preview. Please check your internet connection and try again." However I am online. When I get to the designer, I get a System.UnauthorizedAccessException when the designer loads the page.
Posted by Mahmudbd on 10/20/2012 at 1:19 PM
hello,

you need to pay certain fee to renew the developer license. Just go to the link below:

Posted by Beniwal on 5/8/2012 at 10:29 PM
I have tried several times but still i could not get the license file
Posted by Microsoft on 3/7/2012 at 2:32 PM
Hi andrewscott48210,

This Post should be able to help here. If you have any issues, please add them to this post.

Thanks for your time,
Adrian
Posted by Microsoft on 3/7/2012 at 2:19 PM
Hi andrewscott48210,

This issue is currently under active investigation.

Thanks for your patience,

Adrian
Posted by Ebstyne on 3/6/2012 at 7:07 PM
Been trying all day... same issue. Upgraded from Win7 on 32bit.
Posted by mrCaddy56 on 3/6/2012 at 4:28 PM
We really need this taken care of. Please any feedback or solutions?
Posted by andrewscott48210 on 3/5/2012 at 1:59 PM
About the side effect from the upgrade, I read that in other forums.
Posted by andrewscott48210 on 3/5/2012 at 1:57 PM
It is not a bug in Visual Studio, as I had first thought, but it may have been that the servers overloaded. It was also thought to be a side affect from the upgrade from Windows 7, but it was not. I did not count the number of tries, but it had worked.
Posted by andrewscott48210 on 3/5/2012 at 1:42 PM
I had just found the solution. Just keep hitting Retry an be patient. You might be able to get a license.
Posted by MightyMick on 3/4/2012 at 3:37 PM
Same here, dead in the water. Any ETA or ideas for a solution?
Posted by johnmcclain77 on 3/2/2012 at 8:29 PM
I'm getting the same exact error. Any solution yet?
Posted by Pr0j3cT D on 3/2/2012 at 1:34 PM
I get The same error after updating to windows 8 64 bit from windows 7 64 bit, but I also noticed that I got an

Error Code: 80004005

sometimes, which I believe could be caused by older .Net Frameworks (could not find them on my system, except from in windows features) causing problems with the newer .net framework. I mention this in case someone else gets an idea from this. Really want to be able to work on my apps.
Posted by JaysonGo on 3/2/2012 at 6:05 AM
I'm also getting this error trying to load/debug a Metro Style C# application.
Posted by MS-Moderator09 [Feedback Moderator] on 3/1/2012 at 10:25 PM
Thank you for submitting feedback on Visual Studio 11 and .NET Framework. Your issue has been routed to the appropriate VS development team for review. We will contact you if we require any additional information.
Posted by MS-Moderator01 on 3/1/2012 at 5:35 PM