visual basic command line compiler has stopped working by Don Tato

as Not Reproducible Help for as Not Reproducible

Opened: 3/2/2012 7:25:09 AM
Moderator Decision: Sent to Engineering Team for consideration

I installed Microsoft Visual Studio 11 Version 11.0.40825.2 PREREL and now I unable to compile my VB projects. I get the error message - Visual Basic command line compiler has stopped working. The same problem occurs in both Visual Studio and in Visual Web Developer 2010.
Visual Studio works fine with my C# projects.
Posted by Don Tato on 3/12/2012 at 3:31 PM
I have completly ported this web site to C# and thus I don't need to compile the old VB version. Suggest you don't spend more time on this unless other people can benefit. Many thanks for your helpful responses. Don Tato
Posted by Microsoft on 3/8/2012 at 2:37 PM
Thankyou for the you feedback. However we have been unable to reproduce the behavior using the current Beta Release of the Visual Studio, using your instructions or test project.

Could we ask if its possible to verify this on the latest beta version of Visual Studio to confirm if this is still occuring on your machine.

If you are still seeing this then we can work with you to try and get a reliable repro to understand why this is occuring.

Posted by Microsoft on 3/6/2012 at 6:58 PM
Thanks for your update. We are rerouting this issue to the appropriate group within the Visual Studio Product Team for triage and resolution. These specialized experts will follow-up with your issue.
Posted by Don Tato on 3/5/2012 at 8:31 AM
I have sent the offending website as a zip file. I tried to create and run a new vb default website and it worked fine. I also tried another VB web site and it worked as well too. So the problem is definitly specific to the website I have attached.
Posted by MS-Moderator10 [Feedback Moderator] on 3/5/2012 at 2:15 AM
Thank you for submitting feedback on Visual Studio and .NET Framework. In order to efficiently investigate and reproduce this issue, we are requesting additional information outlined below.

Could you please give us a demo project to demonstrate this issue so that we can conduct further research?

We look forward to hearing from you with this information.

Microsoft Visual Studio Connect Support Team
Posted by MS-Moderator01 on 3/4/2012 at 5:19 PM
Posted by cesardgo on 9/24/2013 at 2:52 PM
im having same problem using visual studio 2012 and visual studio 2008, i think this err start after some automatic updates. Now i need do some modifications to a web app using vb.net 2008, and cant compile the project. Using vb.net 2012, with second try, some times vs.net compiles without problems. If im publishing an a web app, and this err happend, vs.net delete my files on the destination folder, but NOT publish the files.
File Name Submitted By Submitted On File Size