Publish not working by badger_123

as Fixed Help for as Fixed

Opened: 6/8/2012 5:11:40 AM

I can no longer publish any projects.
I have played around with the settings for over an hour. No configuration seems to work.
The error dialogue states: "Exception in executing publishing : Object instance not set to an instance of an object"

Win 7 ultimate 64x
vs 2012 RC
web app project
.net 4
C#
the project builds fine.
Posted by Microsoft on 10/19/2012 at 10:38 AM
Thanks for reporting the issue. The issue is now fixed in Visual Studio 2012 RTM.
Posted by Microsoft on 7/13/2012 at 4:37 PM
Hi badger_123,

I have some good news! We've just released an update for VS2012 RC which contains the fix for this issue. You can find more information at http://blogs.msdn.com/b/webdevtools/archive/2012/07/12/visual-studio-2012-rc-web-tooling-extensions-update.aspx.

Thanks,
- Jimmy Lewis
SDET, Visual Web Developer team
Posted by Microsoft on 6/13/2012 at 12:12 PM
Hi badger_123,

We did have a bug in the VS2012 RC which caused this exception for any elements under <connectionStrings> that didn't have a name attribute (<clear /> being the common example). It has been fixed internally and will be included in the next release for VS2012.

Thanks,
- Jimmy Lewis
SDET, Visual Web Developer team
Posted by badger_123 on 6/11/2012 at 2:00 AM
After lots of debugging i chased my problem down to the use of <clear /> in the connections strings within the webconfig. Switching the clear to a <remove name="your_Connection" /> fixed the problem for me.
Posted by Microsoft on 6/10/2012 at 11:00 PM
Thanks for your feedback. Your issue has been routed to the appropriate VS development team for investigation. We will contact you if we require any additional information.
Posted by spnz on 6/8/2012 at 7:06 PM
Is there any update on this? I can reproduce it to.
Posted by Microsoft on 6/8/2012 at 5:48 AM