Error message when attempting to create a new Visual Studio Express 2012 Project. by The-Ninja

as Not Reproducible Help for as Not Reproducible

Opened: 9/26/2012 12:18:40 PM

When I try to open any new project, I receive the error message:
"No exports were found that match the constraint:
ContractName
Microsoft.VisualStudio.Text.ITextDocumentFactoryService
RequiredTypeIdentity
Microsoft.VisualStudio.Text.ITextDocumentFactoryService"

I have had similar problems with VSE 2010 and VSE 2011, and hoped that installing VSE 2012 would solve the problem.
Posted by The-Ninja on 11/1/2012 at 10:14 AM
Hello,
In installing Visual Studio 2012 Premium (assuming this is what you are referring to with RTM) and loading it after putting in the new registration key, it attempts to load my user settings. The error message I get is:

"The 'Code Analysis Package' package did not load correctly.
The problem may have been caused by a configuration change or by the installation of another extension. You can get more information by examining the file #C:\Users\Charles\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\VisualStudio\11.0\ActivityLog.xml'."

Visual Studio loads in closing this, yet shows the error message:

"Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 has stopped working.

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. [etc.]"

I can't confirm that the issue occurs with Visual Studio 2012 RTM.
I will attach the ActivityLog as mentioned above in case it is wanted.

Thank you.
Posted by Microsoft on 11/1/2012 at 8:59 AM
Thanks for your feedback. Can you please confirm that this issue occurs when using Visual Studio 2012 RTM? If the problem resurfaces when using Visual Studio 2012, please reactivate or create a new Connect bug with the relevant steps.

Ala Shiban | Program Manager | Visual Studio Professional - Editor team
Posted by Microsoft on 10/2/2012 at 6:22 PM
Thank you for submitting feedback on Visual Studio and .NET Framework. Your issue has been routed to the appropriate VS development team for investigation. We will contact you if we require any additional information.
Posted by BKStrelioff on 9/28/2012 at 2:49 PM
Hi. I just started seeing this this morning after applying a number of downloads to the VS2012 RC. In my case though, I see it even when trying to open regular source files (.cs etc.). I did a whole slew of updates this morning, so it would be difficult to identify what broke. Also since this is RC, not RTW, I doubt it is a high priority for MS.

I just wanted to pass along that it may be related to a upgrade/install.

If you want me to collect info as described below, just let me know and I will try.
Posted by Microsoft on 9/27/2012 at 12:33 AM
Thanks for your feedback.

In order to fix the issue, we must first reproduce the issue in our labs. In order to efficiently investigate and reproduce this issue, we are requesting additional information outlined below.

Could you please give us a vs setup log so that we can conduct further research?

You can get the log files with the following steps:
1) Download collect.exe from the link below. <http://go.microsoft.com/?LinkId=8967043>
2) You may choose to save the tool for later use, or to run directly.
3) The utility creates a compressed cabinet of all the VS and .NET logs to %TEMP%\vslogs.cab.

Please submit this information to us within 4 business days. We look forward to hearing from you with this information.

Microsoft Visual Studio Connect Support Team
Posted by Microsoft on 9/26/2012 at 12:52 PM
Posted by robio10000 on 3/27/2014 at 12:08 PM
You can openable the Uninstall file and then the Product Repair.
For me it has also helped.
File Name Submitted By Submitted On File Size