Code editor font size gets big when I use some other UI element. by Klaim

as Fixed Help for as Fixed

Opened: 11/16/2012 11:11:14 AM

Having some code open in the editor, the font size get suddenly very big when I use another element of the ui that uses blocs of texts that appear over the rest, like the search box (Ctrl+Q).

I tested this with:

- VS2012 + CTP1
- VS2012 without CTP1
- With no extension enabled (still installed)
- With extensions enabled.

In all these cases I get the same reproductible behaviour.
I'm using mainly C++, I didn't try with other kinds of projects open.
Posted by Microsoft on 9/18/2013 at 4:24 PM
Thank you for reporting this issue. This will be fixed in our next release.
Posted by Microsoft on 12/26/2012 at 8:42 AM
Hi Klaim,

Good to know you were able to narrow down the issue. Thank you for the follow up and again, thank you for logging the issue. We appreciate your help improving Visual Studio.

We will move this to a different team for further investigation.

Thanks,
Murali
Posted by Klaim on 12/21/2012 at 6:00 PM
Installing again Python Tools for Visual Studio did make the bug reapear.
Uninstalling it did again kill the bug.
Installing a more recent version did make the bug reappear.

Uninstalling it, then installing all the other extensions did not make the bug appear.

I will file an issue in the extension project bug tracker and point it here.

Thanks for your help.
Posted by Klaim on 12/21/2012 at 5:25 PM
Forgot one extension:

- Python Tools for Visual Studio

I Uninstalled everything but this one and the problem was still present.
I Uninstalled this extension and the problem disappeared.

I a m in the process of installing it again, see if the bug reappear.
Posted by Klaim on 12/21/2012 at 5:12 PM
Hello,

Yes. As I noted, I have extensions installed, but I tested with all extensions that I could disable set DISABLED.
Here is the full list of extensions INSTALLED (including the ones by default that I can't remove):

- Microsoft Visual Studio PerfWatson
- Microsoft Web Developer Tools
- Microsoft Visual Studio Interactive Window
- NuGet Package Manager
- Productivity Power Tools
- PVS-Studio
- Visual Assist X
- Visual Studio 2012 Color Theme Editor
- Visual Studio Extension for Windows Library for JavaScript
- VSCommands for Visual Studio 2012

I will uninstall all I can and see if there is a change.
Posted by Microsoft on 12/21/2012 at 3:08 PM
Hello,

Thank you for logging the issue. We were not able to reproduce the issue locally. Can you tell is if you have any extensions installed on your Visual Studio instance ?

Thanks,
Murali
Murali Krishna Hosabettu Kamalesha | Program Manager | Visual Studio Platform - Editor team
Posted by Klaim on 12/16/2012 at 4:06 PM
This problem is getting more and more annoying, preventing me to use the Quick Search efficiently.

I'm uploading a video that should be online in a hour there: http://youtu.be/RB3LaoG9TRQ

It shows a basic way to reproduce the bug from here. I couldn't try in other installs yet.
Tell me if you need more videos.
Posted by Klaim on 12/1/2012 at 12:28 PM
I uninstalled CTP1 and then installed Update 1.
I have exactly the same problem (with and without extensions on)
Posted by Microsoft on 11/22/2012 at 12:01 AM
Thank you for submitting feedback on Visual Studio and .NET Framework. Your issue has been routed to the appropriate VS development team for investigation. We will contact you if we require any additional information.
Posted by Klaim on 11/20/2012 at 12:02 PM
Previoius attachement didn't work, I ziped the file and did it again.
Posted by Klaim on 11/19/2012 at 7:09 AM
I exported all my settings and joined it here. Is it the file you wanted? If not, can you point me to an explanation of how to get it?
Posted by Microsoft on 11/18/2012 at 6:52 PM
Thank you for submitting feedback on Visual Studio and .NET Framework. In order to efficiently investigate and reproduce this issue, we are requesting a environment settings file. Please submit this information to us within 4 business days. We look forward to hearing from you with this information.
Posted by Microsoft on 11/16/2012 at 11:51 AM
Posted by Klaim on 11/16/2012 at 11:24 AM
I attached two images:

- one is before typing in the search box (note that there are other interfaces that trigger the same behaviour)
- the other is just after having typing in the search box
- in both cases (which I did in the same project and session) I disabled all plugins
Posted by Klaim on 11/16/2012 at 11:11 AM
The only way I found to fix this is to restart VS2012. This is bad.
File Name Submitted By Submitted On File Size