Windows Store test app deploy failure by Exelle

ID: 771949
Opened: 11/22/2012 6:55:10 AM

I can no longer run Windows Store projects, either in the simulator or on the local machine, as deployment fails with the following error

Error : DEP0700 : Registration of the app failed. error 0x80070005: windows.licensing failed to update critical data for <package family name>. Try again and contact the package publisher if the problem persists. (0x80073cf6)

I have built and run Windows Store projects in the simulator until this problem occured. Now, building the project still works, but not deployment. I've tried repairing VS2012 and un/reinstalling it to no success.
I've also tried without any success:
- changing the package name and other details from the appxmanifest file.
- creating a new test certificate
- creating a blank new Windows Store project - same issue
- downloading a sample through the "new project" menu - same issue
and my developer licence is valid:
PS > Get-WindowsDeveloperLicense
ExpirationTime                                                                                                 IsValid
--------------                                                                                                 -------
12/2/2012 1:53:59 PM                                                                                             True

Please advise, as this issue is game breaking - I can't develop my apps in any way because of this
Posted by Exelle on 12/7/2012 at 12:48 PM
Sincerely, the problem isn't called fixed when you answer back in a week - I solved it in the same day by reinstalling the whole operating system together with VS2012, as I needed to work...
Posted by Microsoft on 12/7/2012 at 12:15 PM
We are resolving this issue as we have not heard back from you for some time. Please reopen as appropriate. Thank you.
Posted by Microsoft on 11/30/2012 at 4:03 PM
Thanks for your feedback. Can you please try releasing and renewing your developer license from the powershell command line and then redeploying your solution?

Instructions (from http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/hh974578.aspx#getting_a_developer_license_at_a_command_prompt):
1) Unregister-WindowsDeveloperLicense
2) Get-WindowsDeveloperLicense
Posted by Microsoft on 11/22/2012 at 6:14 PM
Thanks for your feedback.

Posted by Microsoft on 11/22/2012 at 7:50 AM