Uncorrected migration from VS2010 to VS2012 by L'Yosha

Active

ID: 772032
Opened: 11/23/2012 2:54:55 AM

I am migrating a solution from VS 2010 to VS 2012. In "Migration Report", everything was successful, except for one warning:
"Visual Studio needs to make non-functional changes to this project in order to enable the project to open in this version and Visual Studio 2010 SP1 without impacting project behavior."

However, I can't open it in VS 2010. I found that if I change MinimumVisualStudioVersion to 10 in *.csproj, I will be able to open it in VS 2010, but VS 2012 will try to migrate the solution again.

I could change the MinimumVisualStudioVersion value to that in which it will open the solution, but it would seem inappropriate to change the value manually each time I need to open the solution in one or the other version of Visual Studio.

Type of solution is: Visual Studio Package
Posted by Microsoft on 4/29/2014 at 12:31 PM
Thank you for reporting this issue. This issue has been fixed in Visual Studio 2013. You can install a trial version of Visual Studio 2013 with the fix from: http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9832436
Posted by cchitsiang on 11/12/2013 at 8:08 PM
Hi, any update?

I having same issue and getting upgrade confirmation and migration report every time I load the visual studio solution.

I using Visual Studio Update 3. Trying to open SharePoint 2010
Posted by M_Olson on 5/3/2013 at 8:41 AM
I have a similar issue, although I have not attempted to open my solution in VS 2010 because it is a SharePoint solution and it would be pointless to do so, now. But I get the message mentioned by L'Yosha EVERY SINGLE TIME I load the solution in VS 2012.
Posted by Microsoft on 12/26/2012 at 9:31 AM
Hello L'Yosha.

VS 2010 solutions that have been migrated to VS 2012 are not supposed to be opened in VS 2010. If you want a Visual Studio Package to still be opened in VS 2010, you need to only use VS 2010 to edit the package.

David Zitzelsberger, SDET II, Microsoft.
Posted by Microsoft on 11/27/2012 at 12:32 AM
Thanks for your response. We are rerouting this issue to the appropriate group within the Visual Studio Product Team for triage and resolution. These specialized experts will follow-up with your issue.
Posted by L'Yosha on 11/26/2012 at 5:51 AM
It is simply a VS 2010 "Visual Studio Package" solution that was migrated to VS 2012. As I said, if I change "MinimumVisualStudioVersion" to 10, I can open it in VS2010 and vice versa.

Posted by Microsoft on 11/25/2012 at 10:49 PM
Thank you for submitting feedback on Visual Studio and .NET Framework. In order to efficiently investigate and reproduce this issue, we are requesting additional information outlined below.

Could you please give us a demo project to demonstrate this issue so that we can conduct further research?

Please submit this information to us within 4 business days. We look forward to hearing from you with this information.

Microsoft Visual Studio Connect Support Team