jquery error in the ASP.NET MVC internet website by Mehran Taherimoud

Active

Opened: 12/3/2012 9:58:06 AM

VS 2012 on Windows 8 64 bit:

I create an MVC4 Internet Application. When I navigate to the login screen, the following error appear:

Unhandled exception at line 2699, column 4 in http://localhost:60987/Scripts/jquery-1.7.1.js

0x80020003 - JavaScript runtime error: Member not found.

Posted by Microsoft on 9/2/2013 at 7:41 PM
Thanks for the update. We will resolve this issue as not repro given this seems to be due to compat view being enabled as suggested earlier.

- ASP .Net Team
Posted by Funny-NjK- on 8/16/2013 at 10:25 AM
If you ensure the site is not being viewed in "Compatibility View" mode, this error does not occur. As soon as you set to view the site in "Compatibility View" mode again you will receive the error again.
Posted by LoisW on 8/9/2013 at 9:24 AM
I had the same problem on Windows 7, IE10, VS2012 Update 3. I am going through the tutorial: www.asp.net/mvc/tutorials/getting-started-with-ef-using-mvc/
I found this on an asp.net forum posted by WinsonKwok:
Re: jquery error in the mvc tutorial(vs.net 2012 MVC4)
"Nov 09, 2012 12:26 PM|LINK
I also got the same error when clicking the create new button to create new movie!
I found out that it is because additional scripts.render code located at the bottom of the create.cshtml file.
Since I have included the scripts.render code in _layout.cshtml file, so I delete the scripts.render code at the bottom
of the create.cshtml file and everything works fine!"

I tried it and it did indeed solve the problem. Funny thing is the same "extra" scripts.render code is at the end of the edit.cshtml file but doesn't seem to cause any problems.
Posted by Wouter Stevens on 8/6/2013 at 6:36 AM
I have the same problem running a MVC 4.0 project on Windows 8 in an embedded WebBrowser control in a custom .Net application.
This also can be reproduced by using the IE7 settings in the IE10 browser on Windows 8.
Posted by salam.p.v on 3/22/2013 at 6:43 AM
hi All,
     for me this error is not visible in Chrome.. It works fine.. May be its some thin related to IE incompatibility issue
Posted by Steve Conrad on 3/20/2013 at 8:04 AM
I had the same problem, and found it was occurring in Compatibility Mode as described by Stuart. Toggling back fixed the problem.
Posted by Stuart Ozer MSFT on 3/4/2013 at 10:41 PM
I was having the same problem and I found that toggling the Compatibility View setting of my browser window solved it. Somehow the browser was in a mode where Compat View was active during a debug session and toggling it back eliminated the jquery errors from popping up.
Posted by LuisNY on 1/5/2013 at 7:42 AM
I have the same problem ONLY if I add this line before one of my controllers "[Authorize(Roles = "Admnistrator")]"

----
namespace MusicStore.Controllers
{
    [Authorize(Roles = "Admnistrator")] //     <<<<====== Here, this line, but if I take it away works perfectly
    public class StoreManagerController : Controller
    {
        private MusicStoreEntities db = new MusicStoreEntities();

----

Hope this help on something
Posted by lucorn on 12/20/2012 at 2:14 PM
Hi,

I'm having the same issue. How can we get in contact to investigate?

cornel
Posted by Microsoft on 12/7/2012 at 2:54 AM
Thanks for your response. We are rerouting this issue to the appropriate group within the Visual Studio Product Team for triage and resolution. These specialized experts will follow-up with your issue.
Posted by Mehran Taherimoud on 12/6/2012 at 5:29 AM
I generated the vslogs.cab file and attached it. Please check it.
Posted by Microsoft on 12/6/2012 at 2:37 AM
Hello,

Sorry for bothering. Is there any update?

It would be greatly appreciated if you could provide us with that information as quickly as possible.

Thank you!
Posted by Microsoft on 12/3/2012 at 9:08 PM
Thanks for reporting the issue. In order to fix the issue, we must first reproduce the issue in our labs. We are unable to reproduce the issue with the steps you provided.

It may help if you provide us with:
a setup log file

You can get the log files with the following steps:
1) Download collect.exe from the link below. <http://go.microsoft.com/?LinkId=8967043>
2) You may choose to save the tool for later use, or to run directly.
3) The utility creates a compressed cabinet of all the VS and .NET logs to %TEMP%\vslogs.cab.

You can get more details about how to get the log files here:

Thanks again for your efforts and we look forward to hearing from you.
Microsoft Visual Studio Connect Support Team