VS 2012 Update 1 ISO Availability by pvdg42

as Fixed Help for as Fixed

Opened: 12/3/2012 4:39:18 PM

It appears that Update 1 for Visual Studio 2012 is not available as an ISO to the public, but is available to MSDN subscribers.
I am seeing numerous questions in MSDN Visual Studio forums asking why an ISO download for VS 2012 Update 1 is not available.
Please consider providing the VS 2012 updates in ISO form, so licensees who do not have MSDN subscriptions can download the ISO.

Thank you.
Posted by Microsoft on 6/4/2014 at 11:15 AM
As of Visual Studio 2012 Update 2 an ISO has been made available for RTM versions of Visual Studio Update. You can read the ISO availability announcement on the Visual Studio blog here: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/visualstudio/archive/2013/05/03/announcing-availability-of-isos-for-visual-studio-updates.aspx

Thanks,
Megan Yount
Visual Studio Release Manager
Posted by HyperUser on 12/7/2012 at 5:36 PM
I have an MSDN subscription and I don't see an ISO under downloads, for either Update 1 or a VS installation including Update 1.

The web installer runs forever, unable to download for some reason. It is also unable to cancel, also running forever.
Posted by Anders Ask on 12/7/2012 at 12:59 AM
i would appreciate if this would happen. today the public can use the web-installer with /layout und actually with a bit effort create your own ISO. it would be easier for people needing this ISO if microsoft supplied this file in the beginning. with Update 1 several people including myself also have the problem that the webinstaller doesn't work, it's a problem with a cab8.cab-file. microsoft hasn't solved this problem yet, a workaround would be supplying a ISO for update 1....
Posted by Microsoft on 12/4/2012 at 12:04 AM
Thanks for your feedback.

Posted by Rob Crockett on 12/3/2012 at 6:02 PM
Even on MSDN I only see the x86 ISO and I have a 64 bit environment. I am looking for an ISO because /layout is not working for our team.
Posted by Microsoft on 12/3/2012 at 4:54 PM
Posted by HyperUser on 12/11/2012 at 10:21 PM
I resolved my web install issue, and a client's issue downloading updates for Windows 8 and Server 2003 R2 by replacing old routers.

I believe changes in Microsoft's download infrastructure or new use of IP stack features has made some older routers (Linksys RV082 from 2003) unable to remain connected for larger downloads.