visual studio professional, ultimate, express version all crash when create new console mode prog. by Tom Cubbins

as Won't Fix Help for as Won't Fix

Opened: 12/5/2012 4:56:32 AM

the entire software repeatedly crashes upon creation of a new console mode
program. i have repeatedly re-installed the software for all version of 2012.
please suggest a solution.
Posted by Tom Cubbins on 12/14/2012 at 5:23 AM
Hello Microsoft,

Just close this bug report.

Thank you.
Posted by Tom Cubbins on 12/14/2012 at 5:15 AM
Hello Microsoft, That's not an appropriate answer to send me.

I asked you how can I send you a dump file?
You need to tell me, where that file is?
How do you generate such a file?

When I get the answer, I will send you one.
Posted by Microsoft on 12/14/2012 at 2:26 AM
Hi Tom, thanks for your response. Please upload a dump file to us. Thanks.
Posted by Tom Cubbins on 12/12/2012 at 4:20 AM
Hello Technical Support, Actually I have not solved the problem, that Visual Studio crashes.
I need to continue working regardless of this error, so I install a fresh copy of Windows 8 on a separate
partition, and the Visual Studio 2012 Ultimate is working fine.

I return to the reported error though, I had Visual Studio Professional 2012 working just fine, until
I installed Team System Express 2012. Visual Studio there after crashes when I try and create a console
mode application.

It goes like this, you choose a project type of console application in C#, and the software begins
to create the directory and files, and then at some point a message box is thrown up, looking very much like it's
from the operating system, stating that "Visual Studio - has stopped working".

Next, you can press cancel or not it does not matter, and the first message box disappears, and up comes
the only other message box, which states "Visual Studio - is restarting".

So from that you can just around and around having the software, attempt to create a project
and then crash to restart and begin again. There's entry point for the debugging, there's stack traces
or dumps or any thing like that being produced, if you want me to present something like
that you will need to send along some instructions of getting that done.

I am using a different partition for fresh copy of Windows 8, Visual Studio performs well over there,
but I will not be installing Team System Express 2012 though, that seemed to be the beginning of this problem.
Posted by Microsoft on 12/11/2012 at 11:35 PM
Hi Tom, have you resolved your issue? We want to remind you we need a dump file or call stack. Please submit this information as soon as you see our responses because this issue will be out of date. thanks.
Posted by Microsoft on 12/10/2012 at 11:39 PM
Hi Tom, we are sorry this issue has been sent back for a dump file or call stack. Is it convenient for you to sent us a dump file or call stack? Please submit this information to us within 4 business days. We look forward to hearing from you with this information.
Thanks in advance.
Posted by Microsoft on 12/5/2012 at 6:09 PM
Thank you for submitting feedback on Visual Studio and .NET Framework. Your issue has been routed to the appropriate VS development team for investigation. We will contact you if we require any additional information.
Posted by Tom Cubbins on 12/5/2012 at 9:19 AM
Also, it's useful to know that Windows 8 Store application can still created and run.
The failure occurs here with trying to Console Mode applications or Windows Form Application.
Can I get some help with this problem?
Posted by Tom Cubbins on 12/5/2012 at 9:17 AM
I have some additional supporting information for this bug:
One, Visual Studio lost it's ability to create a console mode application after I
installed Team System Express 2012 on my Windows 8 platform.

Regardless, of whether, I have un-installed Team System Express or Visual Studio,
and reinstall, the system still remembers that Team System Express used to be there.
That's where the bug begins, there's some there that cannot be un-installed, from Team System, or
from Visual Studio which causes each new installation to yield a defective copy. That's a bug.
Posted by Microsoft on 12/5/2012 at 5:52 AM