In VS2012 __wchar_t native type is not defined when "Compile as C Code (/TC)" is selected by A. Boteler

as Not Reproducible Help for as Not Reproducible

Opened: 1/4/2013 7:45:36 AM

When I compile a C-file which include headers that use the wchar_t native type, the compiler does not defined that type. However when the file is compiled as C++ the wchar_t native type is defined when the /Zc:wchar_t option is defined. Is that the expected behavior? There no information in the documentation that says if compiling as C the wchar_t native type is undefined. I have VS2012 Prof version 11.0.50727.1 RTMREL installed.
Posted by Microsoft on 1/10/2013 at 11:23 PM
Thanks for your feedback. Based on your description, I will close this issue. Should you find any bugs in the future, please feel free to let us know.
Posted by A. Boteler on 1/9/2013 at 8:00 AM
Thanks for the quick response. To continue my work, I put in the typedefs for the __wchar_t on the C code as a work-around. Now I working on a more pressing issue before I can get back to this. I am in the process of trying to move old .NET 2.0, managed/unmanaged C++ from VS2005 to VS2012 using .NET 4.0.
Posted by Microsoft on 1/9/2013 at 12:59 AM
I am currently standing by for an update from you and would like to know how things are going on your end. If you could get back to me at your earliest convenience with information I request, we will be able to make headway towards a resolution. I look forward to hearing from you.
Posted by Microsoft on 1/6/2013 at 11:21 PM
I am having trouble reproducing your issue. Can you share a sample project on which you are seeing this problem?

Thanks