fatal error LNK1123: failure during conversion to COFF: file invalid or corrupt by Jangid

Active

Opened: 1/8/2013 9:16:08 AM

I am using Windows SDK 7.1 from last one and half year and I was happy with this.
Yesterday I installed Visual Studio 2012 express edition and after that my happiness gone :(

I am getting below error when I compiled my program, I am not using VS2012 just installed to try, but it corrupt my Windows SDK 7.1

Creating library libTAFClogger.lib and object libTAFClogger.exp
LINK : fatal error LNK1123: failure during conversion to COFF: file invalid or corrupt

I have uninstalled VS2012 express edition and repair Windows SDK 7.1 two times but still same problem I am getting.

I don't know which component effecting Windows SDK 7.1

can you please tell me the fix?

Same application still compiling in another machine with Windows SDK 7.1.
Posted by Jangid on 1/29/2013 at 7:01 AM
Still I am having same issue but I don't know to explain you. Out build environment is different we use customized compiler that pass the information to MSVC.

Let me give you create verbose output message for you
Posted by Microsoft on 1/15/2013 at 2:12 AM
Hi, we'll close this feedback. Please recreate a new feedback if you have not resolved your issue. Thanks.
Posted by Microsoft on 1/14/2013 at 2:10 AM
Hi Jangid, we are sorry we can't help you to resolved your issue. We'll close this feedback tomorrow, because it'll be out of date. If you would supply more information, please reply to us in time. Thanks.
Posted by Microsoft on 1/11/2013 at 1:05 AM
Hi Jangid, thanks for your response. We are afraid we can't help you, because we can't reproduce your issue. If possible please supply some more useful information to help us analysis your issue. Please reply to us within 1/15/2013, or we'll close this issue because we can't resolve it. Thanks.
Posted by Jangid on 1/9/2013 at 7:25 AM
I understand your point but I can't share my code due to some restriction, and without sample you can't reproduce and fix this issue.

I don't know how to proceed :(

Posted by Jangid on 1/9/2013 at 7:21 AM
I also tried
Uninstall Windows SDK 7.1
Install Windows SDK 7.1

but still same issue
Posted by Microsoft on 1/8/2013 at 5:57 PM
Thank you for submitting feedback on Visual Studio and .NET Framework. In order to efficiently investigate and reproduce this issue, we are requesting a demo project. Please submit this information to us within 4 business days. We look forward to hearing from you with this information.
Posted by Microsoft on 1/8/2013 at 9:51 AM