Editor fonts change size if Windows Font Size is set to Medium when Debugging by Yenian

as Fixed Help for as Fixed

Opened: 1/10/2013 8:35:23 PM

Fonts in Visual Studio Text Editors become noticably larger after clicking the debug menu ifWindows display size is set to medium.
Posted by Microsoft on 7/26/2013 at 8:11 AM
Thanks for the feedback. Python Tools for Visual Studio has a new version available that includes a fix for this issue. Please let us know if you encounter it again after updating.

Steve Dower
PTVS team
Posted by Michael Geary on 2/18/2013 at 11:45 AM
I did some more testing. The problem is caused by the Python Tools for Visual Studio. If I uninstall Python Tools the problem goes away.

I suspect that this may be closely related to a similar bug reported on the Python Tools issue tracker:

Posted by Michael Geary on 2/16/2013 at 2:26 PM
I have the same problem, but I think it is caused by one of my third-party addons, not Visual Studio itself. I tried starting VS in safe mode:

devenv /SafeMode

and the text resizing problem goes away.

When I get some time I will investigate further. Unfortunately most of my VS addons can't be simply disabled but have to be uninstalled from Programs and Features. So it will take a while to narrow it down.

But OP, if you're so motivated, you might try the same experiments and report back anything you find?
Posted by Microsoft on 1/15/2013 at 1:30 AM
Thank you for submitting feedback on Visual Studio and .NET Framework. Your issue has been routed to the appropriate VS development team for investigation. We will contact you if we require any additional information.
Posted by Microsoft on 1/10/2013 at 8:51 PM