My Work Steals Focus by David J Batten

as Deferred Help for as Deferred

Opened: 1/17/2013 8:45:27 AM

When My Work is the selected feature in Team Explorer, and you've touched the In Progress Work section to give it focus, any change you make to code files that updates the text in the In Progress Work section will cause the My Work feature to steal focus.
Posted by thj on 4/8/2014 at 2:32 AM
Any updates on this one? I'm having the issue as well, and it's very annoying.
Posted by Microsoft on 3/13/2013 at 6:02 PM
Thank you for reporting this issue and providing your feedback. Currently, we do not have a fix for this but we have taken note of your workflow and will investigate this as we make more improvements to the My Work feature in following versions of Visual Studio.
Posted by Microsoft on 1/29/2013 at 2:06 AM
Thanks for your update. We are rerouting this issue to the appropriate group within the Visual Studio Product Team for triage and resolution. These specialized experts will follow-up with your issue.
Posted by David J Batten on 1/25/2013 at 7:20 AM
I sent file using the URL you provided. Initially, I just sent the repro steps, then realized my mistake. So, I zipped the entire package and sent it as "FeedbackID-776805-a.zip"
Sorry for the confusion.
Posted by Microsoft on 1/25/2013 at 12:16 AM
Hello,

Sorry for bothering. Is there any update?

It would be greatly appreciated if you could provide us with that information as quickly as possible.

Thank you!
Posted by Microsoft on 1/22/2013 at 1:36 AM
We didn't get any files. Maybe you can find the files from the local folder(\AppData\Local\VSFeedbackTool\Feedbacks\{ID}).

Please zip the files and use "FeedbackID-776805" as prefix of the file name. You can use the following workspace to upload the file:
Password: aKUsg]Fk{epF

Thanks,
Microsoft Visual Studio Connect Support Team
Posted by David J Batten on 1/18/2013 at 8:42 AM
I used the feedback tool to send a recording of the steps in question. Took me a minute to figure out how to keep the recording under the size limit, but you should have what you need.
Posted by Microsoft on 1/17/2013 at 9:22 PM
Thanks for your feedback. In order to efficiently investigate and reproduce this issue, we are requesting additional information outlined below.

Could you please provide some screenshots to help us better understand this scenario?

Visual Studio now has an extension called Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 Feedback Tool, available on the VS gallery(http://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/f8a5aac8-0418-4f88-9d34-bdbe2c4cfe72).

The extension allows you to
1. upload files,
2. collect trace and dump files
3. collect steps while you're repro'ing the issue, as well as
4. SQM logs about VS extensions installed
5. System details (in DxDiag output)

Please submit this information to us within 4 business days. We look forward to hearing from you with this information.

Microsoft Visual Studio Connect Support Team