Caching problems for iframes by Forever_newbie

Opened: 1/18/2013 1:45:22 PM

I have a asp.net web page with iframes that are generated by the youtube api. Youtube has a method shown here:
function onYouTubeIframeAPIReady() {
        refreshneeded = true;
            player = new YT.Player('player', {
                height: '<%=Session("PlayerHeight")%>',
                width: '<%=Session("PlayerWidth")%>',
                videoId: '<%=session("uTubeCode") %>',
                wmode: 'transparent',
                playerVars: { 'controls': 1, 'fs': 1, 'autoplay': 1, 'autohide': 0, 'modestbranding': 1, 'rel': 0, 'showinfo': 0},
                events: {
                    'onReady': onPlayerReady,
                    'onStateChange': onPlayerStateChange
                }
            });
Notice how it uses session variables from my code-behind page. The problem is, that running the program from visual studio, the video usually doesn't appear unless I do a REFRESH. It will appear (with no need for a refresh) if I clear the cache first. I do not want to spend $259 working with a Microsoft engineer on this, which would be the best way to go, and my boss might object to my giving away source code. I can't make a simple sample page to show you, and I can't get it to be 100% repeatable. I did try setting caching to 'nocache' in the code-behind page - that did no good.
Posted by Microsoft on 1/21/2013 at 11:45 PM
Thanks for your feedback. Based on your description, I will close this issue. Should you find any bugs in the future, please feel free to let us know.
Posted by Forever_newbie on 1/21/2013 at 6:19 PM
Yes, the issue is fixed. Thank you for looking at it.
Posted by Microsoft on 1/20/2013 at 7:00 PM
Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. Based on your last update, I would like to confirm with you if this issue has been fixed when running program from Visual Studio. Thank you for your time.
Posted by Forever_newbie on 1/20/2013 at 4:06 AM
CORRECTION - IE does NOT have a problem with iframe caching!
The problem was that youtube gives incorrect sample code (for IE) for using iframes. The player cannot be created until the entire document loads (in jquery that would be a document-ready function). Their way does work in Chrome, but not in IE. My way (waiting for the entire document to be ready) does work in IE.
Posted by Microsoft on 1/18/2013 at 1:50 PM