Infinite compiler loop by viscom_sr

Active

Opened: 1/24/2013 7:08:40 AM

I have a solution with 15 projects. 14 of them compiles and runs as excpedted with toolset v90, v100 and v110. However, one does the compiler into an infinite loop, with toolset v110.

I can see the following Output:
3> . . . . .
3> SelectorGoblinWrapper.cpp
3>     Creating library ..\..\..\Bin\Win32\Release_v110\IIPSelectorModule_v110.lib and ...
3> Generating code

If I Cancel the build, cl crashs with runtime error box.
When I now change somewhat insignifigant in the file SelectorGoblinWrapper.cpp and start a new build, then compiles SelectorGoblinWrapper.cpp problem free but an other file shows this unfriendliy behavior and so on. A rebuild show me the same error as I describted above.
The project settings shows for all 15 projects mostly the same, it is especialy irrelevant if I build a Release or Debug configuration.
Posted by viscom_sr on 3/26/2013 at 6:02 AM
Now I have a project environment to reproduce the bug. But the zip file is approximately 200MB und can not upload with the means of this website. The upload process works over 1 hour and is not finishd now..
Posted by Microsoft on 2/7/2013 at 10:19 PM
Based on current status, this bug is not actionable if we do not have any useful information. I would like to ask your permission to close this feedback. Should you find any bugs in the future, please feel free to let us know.
Posted by Microsoft on 2/4/2013 at 1:32 AM
Thanks for your quick response. Based on current status, this bug is not actionable if we do not have any useful information. We look forward to hearing from you with this information.
Posted by viscom_sr on 2/1/2013 at 7:22 AM
Sorry, but this is our production code, and without legal hedging I can not give the source code outside.
Posted by Microsoft on 2/1/2013 at 12:34 AM
Hi,

Can you give us a full demo project so that we can conduct further research. I appreciate your understanding.
Posted by viscom_sr on 1/31/2013 at 12:35 AM
I see, the upload works only with Internet Explorer!!
Posted by Microsoft on 1/31/2013 at 12:27 AM
You will receive a new window like the screenshot I attached.
Posted by viscom_sr on 1/30/2013 at 5:26 AM
What should occur if I press the upload button? In my case nothing happens.
Posted by Microsoft on 1/30/2013 at 12:04 AM
I am sorry for the inconvenience. I've created a new workspace for you. Please try again. I appreciate your time and effort on this issue.

Password is WEXBO$l0qc66vw9b
Posted by viscom_sr on 1/28/2013 at 8:27 AM
I tried to upload the file twice, but I get no feedback that it was successful
Posted by Microsoft on 1/27/2013 at 11:00 PM
I am currently standing by for an update from you and would like to know how things are going on your end. If you could get back to me at your earliest convenience with information I request, we will be able to make headway towards a resolution. I look forward to hearing from you.
Posted by Microsoft on 1/24/2013 at 7:27 PM
Thanks for your feedback. In order to efficiently investigate and reproduce this issue, we are requesting additional information outlined below.

Please zip the project file and use "FeedbackID-777391" as prefix of the file name.

You can use the following workspace to upload the file:
Password is #HaqmwwA{D_M)D

Thanks again for your efforts and we look forward to hearing from you.

Microsoft Visual Studio Connect Support Team