Missing MFC Functions by LarryCR

as Fixed Help for as Fixed

Opened: 2/1/2013 5:11:23 AM

Because of a problem I have with some base MFC/ATL functionality I have the need to rebuild the library and modify one of the source files. I did this by creating a static library project and pulling in the necessary source files from the VS 2012 distribution's VC\atlmfc folder. During this process I found that the following functions were missing:

CMFCControlContainer::SubclassDlgControls
CMFCControlContainer::PreUnsubclassControl
CMFCControlContainer::UTF8ToString
AfxRegisterMFCCtrlClasses

I found these functions in the VS 2010 installation and added them. (AfxRegisterMFCCtrlClasses required renaming.) For my purposes, at least, the modified library is now functional. But I would like access to the appropriate VS 2012 versions of the missing functions.
Posted by Microsoft on 4/29/2014 at 12:22 PM
Thank you for reporting this issue. This issue has been fixed in Visual Studio 2013. You can install a trial version of Visual Studio 2013 with the fix from: http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9832436
Posted by LarryCR on 2/5/2013 at 2:21 PM
VS 2012 Professional.

The missing items are declared in the header file, but there is no implementation that I can find.
Posted by Microsoft on 2/5/2013 at 10:17 AM
Thank you for your feedback. All of the things you listed as missing are in afxctrlcontainer.h in my installation. Can you tell us which edition of VS 2012 you have?
Posted by Microsoft on 2/5/2013 at 3:32 AM
Thank you for submitting feedback on Visual Studio and .NET Framework. Your issue has been routed to the appropriate VS development team for investigation. We will contact you if we require any additional information.
Posted by Microsoft on 2/1/2013 at 5:49 AM