C# When opening ContextMenuStrip active form is send to back and keeps active. by Jeycob4321

as Duplicate Help for as Duplicate

Opened: 2/4/2013 2:33:28 AM

I have two WinForms called form1 and form2.
form2 has contextMenuStrip assigned in Constructor via InitializeComponent().
form1 is my start up form.
----Edit:-----
///form1 can open form2 on button click using form2.Show()
Sorry, form1 can open form2 on menustrip subitem click using form2.Show().
----------
Now I start my small program and click on my button on form1 to open form2.
Then I make a right click on form2 to show up the contextmenustrip.

Now I have some strange behaviours:
1). The active form2 is send back the form1 and keeps active.
2). On first right click on form2 contextmenustrip is not shown. (ContextMenuStrip Opening and Closing events are fired)

I do not have these behaviours when using ContextMenu.
Posted by Microsoft on 2/10/2013 at 11:04 PM
Thank you for your feedback. We are able to reproduce this issue and had confirmed that it is fixed in the .Net Framework 4.5 Update that was released in early January (KB2750147, available here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2750147).

Many customers have found it useful to discuss issues like this in the forums (http://www.microsoft.com/communities/forums/default.mspx) where Microsoft and other members of the community can suggest workarounds.  Please keep the feedback coming.

Thanks, The Windows Forms Team
Posted by Microsoft on 2/7/2013 at 2:26 AM
Thanks for your update. We are rerouting this issue to the appropriate group within the Visual Studio Product Team for triage and resolution. These specialized experts will follow-up with your issue.
Posted by Jeycob4321 on 2/6/2013 at 11:56 PM
I just added a sample project. Also I made an edit on description.

form2 is not opened with button click, but form2 is opened using a submenuitem click from menustrip.
Posted by Microsoft on 2/6/2013 at 2:19 AM
Thank you for submitting feedback on Visual Studio and .NET Framework. In order to efficiently investigate and reproduce this issue, we are requesting a demo project. We look forward to hearing from you with this information.
Posted by Microsoft on 2/6/2013 at 2:15 AM
Thank you for submitting feedback on Visual Studio and .NET Framework. Your issue has been routed to the appropriate VS development team for investigation. We will contact you if we require any additional information.
Posted by Microsoft on 2/4/2013 at 2:50 AM