VS2012 Express for Web Crashing on Publish by MontageDave

as Not Reproducible Help for as Not Reproducible

Opened: 2/4/2013 3:26:47 PM

Hi

I have been publishing to a local server and an Azure server for weeks. Though this morning the VS2012 Express for Web will chrash when trying to publish an WCF or Web API web site I have.

My Dell XPS Laptop with Windows7 was on Standby (I shut the lid) and when I woke it started as if it was powered off and it was completly out of battery. I suspect that over night it turned on moving from Standby to Hibernate and stayed on. It was totally dead of battery as well which indicates an issue.

I may just format and reinstall windows 7 and upgrade to win8 that I have recently purchased.

Regards

Dave
Posted by Microsoft on 2/11/2013 at 1:53 AM
Thanks for your feedback. I'm glad to hear that your issue has been resolved. Based on your description, I will close this issue. Should you find any bugs in the future, please feel free to let us know.
Posted by MontageDave on 2/7/2013 at 4:12 PM
sorry time is money and I had to move quickly and install an SSD install windows7 and 8 immediately.

Things are now working well.

Posted by Microsoft on 2/7/2013 at 12:37 AM
Hello,

Sorry for bothering. Is there any update?

It would be greatly appreciated if you could provide us with that information as quickly as possible.

Thank you!
Posted by Microsoft on 2/4/2013 at 6:49 PM
Thanks for your feedback. In order to efficiently investigate and reproduce this issue, we are requesting additional information outlined below.

Could you please give us a dump file so that we can conduct further research?

Visual Studio now has an extension called Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 Feedback Tool, available on the VS gallery(http://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/f8a5aac8-0418-4f88-9d34-bdbe2c4cfe72).

The extension allows you to
1. upload files,
2. collect trace and dump files
3. collect steps while you're repro'ing the issue, as well as
4. SQM logs about VS extensions installed
5. System details (in DxDiag output)

Please submit this information to us within 4 business days. We look forward to hearing from you with this information.

Microsoft Visual Studio Connect Support Team